Google Sync complete system freeze

sdierks

Reaction score
Ive searched everywhere and cant find anything specific but any of the 2.2 rom's that I've flashed have caused bad problems when the sync icon pops up and I assume that the phone is attempting to sync with google. What im not quite sure.
It occurs usually after a reboot and usually a couple minutes after it gets to the homepage when the sync icon pops up and within a couple of seconds the phone freezes and either requires a battery pull or eventually the phone will crash and reboot. When it does reboot after it crashed it strangely function better.
Ive tried to disable sync but even if I do that the phone will still attempt to sync and lock the phone up. Ive tried several different Roms ranging from stock, jrummy, and cyanogen 6 rc1 and have the same issue. I have tried wipe data and cache but I have not tried to fix permission cause the phone usually doesnt run long enough to do it until I get lucky for it to last. It also occurs from either fresh install or long
Currently on cyanogen 6 RC1

indyhill

Reaction score
me too

It does it to me as well with any of the 2.2 ROMS. Using BB 0.4 now. Even with a completely fresh install (wiped data/cache) as soon as I link my google account the phone syncs... locks up. Sometimes a few battery pulls fix it, but usually I just have to let it sit and if it reboots itself it's fine after that restart.

OP
S

sdierks

Reaction score
Try fixing permissions. I think it worked but im real nervous about restarting so i dont like doing it unless i have to. It seems like it kinda works but i still get some bad lag when it starts. so its half fixed.

paramax55

Reaction score
My old droid died today so I went out and got a new one. I had a similar problem - the phone was basically unusable for 8 hours. Then the problem strangely seems to have resolved itself. I will remain skeptical until tomorrow. I was ready to take this POS back and tell them to give me one that works.

joemcp

Reaction score
Did anyone ever get to the bottom of this?

I've been having the same problem myself.

Thanks,

Joe

OP
S

sdierks

Reaction score
I actually found a ROM that didn't do it. I'm using CVPCS Sapphire ROM and I've had great success with it and so far its the only one my phone seems to like with Froyo. So I recommend it if your rooted.

joemcp

Reaction score
what version are you using and how did you install? ROM Manager or sprecovery?

OP
S

sdierks

Reaction score
Sapphire 1.1.1 but if I remember right I think I had an issue with it so I flashed with 1.1.0 than set everything up, got all apps installed and everything synced. Than flashed with 1.1.1 through ROM manager.

joemcp

Reaction score
ok I'll give that a try... I use sprecovery hopefully that will work too..