sync wont turn off

stumpy

Reaction score
ive noticed over the last week when i leave my sync on in the power strip, that i constantly have the icon in the notification bar causing to drain my battery rapidly and causing my phone to heat up. what can be causing this.

thanks in advance

Reaction score
i kinda had this issue..but it was only going on when wi-fi was enabled..but now its fixed...i actually just did a simple reboot(on/off) and it was gone..good luck

Rasin'2boys

Reaction score
UGH! I have this exact problem.

@thebourbonnflip did you do the factory reset? Did it help?
I have done multiple shutdowns and battery pulls, went back to Factory Home (left Home++) No improvement.

@cereal killer Thanks for the link, guess I will be reading up on your link.

danwanna

Reaction score
Check your accounts and see what Account/Application is stuck syncing. It is normally my contacts that get stuck and the following steps have fixed it for me in the past.

1. Open Settings
2. Manage Applications
3. Menu - Filter - All
4. Open Contacts
5. Clear Data
6. Open Contacts Storage
7. Clear Data
8. Reboot your phone and wait for the contacts to get pulled down again.

I assume you could do the same thing with Calendar or Gmail as well.

Rasin'2boys

Reaction score
Check your accounts and see what Account/Application is stuck syncing.
. . .
I assume you could do the same thing with Calendar or Gmail as well.

Thanks for the instructions: if this works, it will beat the heck outta 'Factory Reset' !

I am such a rookie.... Where/How can I find what is stuck?

danwanna

Reaction score
Go to

1. Settings
  2. Accounts & Sync
  3. Go into each of your accounts and look for a green sync icon next to one of the items (Sync Contacts, Sync Gmail, Sync Calendar)
  4. The one that is syncing is the one you want to clear out.
Your data should all come back down after clearing and rebooting.

Rasin'2boys

Reaction score
Ugh, Nothing shows to be 'stuck', problem still exists. Looks like it's back to the Factory Default option! OUCH !~

Nicky

Reaction score
I was having the same issue with contact sync getting stuck. I tried clearing out the cache for that app and restarting the phone. Then I cleared out all the caches/data for all three google apps. Every time I'd get one google app to sync, another would get stuck. I was at the point of doing a hard reset but decided as a last ditch effort to do a soft reset (CTRL-ALT-DEL). It worked! It's now been a week and I haven't had sync lock up anymore. I am a newbie but thought I'd share in case this helps anyone else.

jmg425

Reaction score
Data Sync not turning off

I had the same problem and turning it off and back on corrected it. Thanks for the tip!