Battery dies when phone off

Stargate

Reaction score
When turning the phone completely off with 90% charge I find the battery is dead or less than 10% charge when I turn it back on. Again - the phone was turned OFF, not in standby. Happens consistently now. Phone is 2 months old. Anyone else? I did have an app that caused my phone to heat up tremendously so I deleted that app. Could I have damaged the battery when that APP caused my phone to heat up?

Grabraham

Reaction score
When turning the phone completely off with 90% charge I find the battery is dead or less than 10% charge when I turn it back on. Again - the phone was turned OFF, not in standby. Happens consistently now. Phone is 2 months old. Anyone else? I did have an app that caused my phone to heat up tremendously so I deleted that app. Could I have damaged the battery when that APP caused my phone to heat up?

Heat can decrease a battery's life but a couple of answers might help-

How long is the phone off for?
How does this compare to the battery drain with the phone on for the same amount of time?

OP
S

Stargate

Reaction score
The phone is off for typically 8 hours. The battery life is a good 12-14 hours during the day when on --- I make about 8 phone calls and perform a few other tasks during the day when on. I fully charge it in the evening and usually leave it charging but the few times I unplug the charger and turn it off for the rest of the night, the battery drains when the phone is off.

Thanks

Shmooze

Reaction score
I too noticed this when I try saving what little battery I have left by turning the device off. I've since just pulled the battery out entirely.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This issue has been discussed in many threads. I think the general feeling is if your phone discharges from 100% to 70% you may have a hardware issue.

Also be aware that in 2.0.1 there is a bug that will show false battery readings. Usually you will only see this bug one time but some have reported seeing it more then once. A simple reset (off/on) of the phone fixes this.

M

Matth3w

From what I have gathered from various technical threads on this subject...there are some programs that keep the CPU active even though the phone is technically "off".