Google Services all of a sudden draining battery

TheOldFart

Reaction score
Google Services has all of a sudden started draining the battery. I've read that this has become a problem since 2 or 3 days ago on some devices. I took my One off the charger 2 hr 28 min ago at 93%. It is now at 81% with only 4.4% screen battery usage. Google Services has used 44% of the battery while not using it at all except for checking the battery a couple of times. The same thing is happening on my Galaxy Tab 2 7.0. The battery dropped about 15% overnight, when it had only dropped 2% or 3% overnight. Has anyone else seen this problem? My wife's Droid Maxx and Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 don't seem to have this problem. It doesn't appear that my new Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 has this problem either, but I have haven't monitored it for long enough to be sure.

OP
TheOldFart

TheOldFart

Reaction score
I found a band-aid solution to this from my searches. I turned off location services in settings and in apps that use it and problem solved. I don't know why only some people are having this problem on various devices. It seems to be random occurrences on many devices.