THEPRFCT1

Reaction score
Wow what a difference! Take a look:

a4avupyv.jpg
★Sent from my Galaxy S4★

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thanks this thread has helped me find what was draining my battery. Man totally missed Google services.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Google Now ...settings as well turn off any you might not use ...it does help

N2 tap'd HD

wardo

Reaction score
I had somewhat of a similar issue with Google+
Activated the account on a Wednesday, Sunday night it racked up just shy of 2GB Data. Wtf. I was at a resort the whole time and probably used my phone a few hours at most.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Wow what a difference! Take a look:

a4avupyv.jpg
★Sent from my Galaxy S4★
That's more like it. For a few days I stopped myself from using my s4 so much I was getting great battery life. Around a 3%-5% drop overnight (6-8hrs) is what's normal for me.

I only disabled Google location service and it made huge improvement also.
That's all I've ever disabled as I use Google Now alot more than I thought. Location services always phone home so it's a real battery drain

If I can get 48+ hours with location services on I wonder what would happen with it off. :icon_eek:
It'll be like having a power level over 9000

Google Now ...settings as well turn off any you might not use ...it does help

N2 tap'd HD
I don't have any of the Google Now settings turn off as I use it, but how much of an increase we talking about here? I've turned off a few cards, but that's about it.

Also you helped me realize/look that I have "hotword" on (Say "Google" and it'll launch Google Now). I wonder how much battery that drains...

tchalm

Reaction score
Me too! On a Droid4 with VZW.

Picked up an update for Google+ several days ago, then noticed the battery draining. Looked here a couple days ago, and read some good tips.

So I uninstalled the Google+ update, force stopped all of the google services that I never use, cleared the history, rebooted, and Yaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Can't you just imagine the Google engineering meetings... "Let's force a software update that will eat people's batteries. They'll love it and they'll never know." Well, maybe not. But now they're saying, "Oh *&%^ . It was your idea, you fix it." "I don't know how to fix it - you said it was a good - you fix it."

Cheers!