google play and xbox

ghost7

Reaction score
currently the os updated on droid 4, and now with 'play music' i cant seem to find where to play music on another device. am i overlooking something? or was this removed? it was simple before, you pressed menu button and the option popped up. anyone can enlighten me?

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Look in the main system settings, More (under the Wireless & Networks heading) and "Media share settings".

There is even a checkbox for "Support Xbox"

OP
G

ghost7

Reaction score
Look in the main system settings, More (under the Wireless & Networks heading) and "Media share settings".

There is even a checkbox for "Support Xbox"

ok but go to google 'play music' and find the option to link ur phone to the xbox.
it used to say 'play media on device' and that options not there anymore, even after going into the settings like u just said. i cant figure it out its drivin me nuts lmao.

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Ah...it must have been part of the Motorola Music player that was removed and replaced with the Google Play Music app when Jellybean was pushed out.. I never used the Motorola My Music or My Gallery apps.

I was able to play music from my phone on my Xbox 360, but the Xbox was pulling the music in it's Xbox System Music player app, not having it pushed to it via an Android music player app.