Google Now.

StormyHeather

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S21
Twitter
GAPeachHeather
How do you get Google Now? I have cleared a whole home screen for it and when I put it on the home screen, it does nothing. I give me a blank "Get Google Now" in a box and when I touch the box, nothing happens. Did I break it somehow? :sad-b: I don't have GN show up in my apps, only in widgets.

Thanks!

Redsnk95

Reaction score
Click on the search button on the bottom right of your phone (looks like a magnifying glass). That should open up Google Now so you can start some cards.

PurpleSunday

Reaction score
Hmmmm. All morning long, Google Now keeps adding my time to work & traffic on my notification bar. (There's no icon. You have to pull down to see it.)

1. I'm not going to work today.

2. I swiped it away once. That should be enough to tell it to stay away.

3. It's ashame it's probably wasting battery & data to keep that updated.

I know I can turn notifications off for that app, but I don't want all the notifications off. Ugh.

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
Hmmmm. All morning long, Google Now keeps adding my time to work & traffic on my notification bar. (There's no icon. You have to pull down to see it.)

1. I'm not going to work today.

2. I swiped it away once. That should be enough to tell it to stay away.

3. It's ashame it's probably wasting battery & data to keep that updated.

I know I can turn notifications off for that app, but I don't want all the notifications off. Ugh.

You can turn off notifications for specific cards.

PurpleSunday

Reaction score
You can turn off notifications for specific cards.

Ahhh. Got it. Thanks. So in that case I guess it's safe to assume that Google Now is constantly running in the background to check for traffic (or other reasons) regardless of whether or not you're using the widget or have the app open. I see the data use isn't too excessive and the battery use doesn't even show up on the list of 2% or more. So aside from the fact that the card is so white, using the widget probably won't really hurt anything.

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
Ahhh. Got it. Thanks. So in that case I guess it's safe to assume that Google Now is constantly running in the background to check for traffic (or other reasons) regardless of whether or not you're using the widget or have the app open. I see the data use isn't too excessive and the battery use doesn't even show up on the list of 2% or more. So aside from the fact that the card is so white, using the widget probably won't really hurt anything.

-It's not bad on data nor on battery

WARNING: ANECDOTE INCOMING

-I use a 4x2 Google Now widget.

-4g, GPS and background data always on.

-2-4 hours of screen on time.

-2 hours streaming music daily.

-I get about 15-24 hours of battery life on average.

-This is the same, perhaps the average is on the lower end of 15-24 since the update (maybe), as my ICS statistics.

-I think Google Now refreshing is very conservative and smart.

-This means my sports scores aren't always up to date by the minute. But I have score center for that.

-And it also means that my battery suffers a negligible if any loss in charge time.

-Again, my experience.