Google Calendar App

BKApple

Reaction score
Google released its own calendar app this week and I don't see any difference between it and the stock app. I'd like to be able create an event from my phone and have the same notification options I have on the website--via e-mail, SMS, etc.

Does anyone notice any feature benefits on Google's app?

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Google released its own calendar app this week and I don't see any difference between it and the stock app. I'd like to be able create an event from my phone and have the same notification options I have on the website--via e-mail, SMS, etc.

Does anyone notice any feature benefits on Google's app?

The benefit for me at least is know that its a stock Google app. GOOGLE. Meaning that it will get attention and updates and they will probably never abandon the app as long as Android is around which means lots and lots of supports and no abandonment like you see with other apps (not just cal apps) when the devs just don't feel like supporting it anymore.

Give it time. It'll see updates. And will progressively get better.

OP
BKApple

BKApple

Reaction score
The benefit for me at least is know that its a stock Google app. GOOGLE. Meaning that it will get attention and updates and they will probably never abandon the app as long as Android is around which means lots and lots of supports and no abandonment like you see with other apps (not just cal apps) when the devs just don't feel like supporting it anymore.

Give it time. It'll see updates. And will progressively get better.

Good points!

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
There's pinch to zoom.