Google Calendar display

Virago

Reaction score
Hi folks

When I access my google calendar on my computer I can see the events color coded as I set it up to be (green is personal events, blue for work, etc, etc) But on my razor maxx they all come up brown colored.

Is there anyway to have my Maxx show my color codes?

OP
V

Virago

Reaction score
Since there is no answer to this I assume there is no way to do it. :( Just thought I'd bump this thread and see if a wonderfully intelligent person out there might have missed my original post and will save me :)

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I'm not that wonderfully intelligent person you were hoping for...I can't figure it out either. I tried to make it work a few months ago and gave up.

skennelly

Reaction score
I think what you need to do is open your calendar app, press the menu key, select settings, and then there should be "calendars" in that list. Open that and you should have a list of all your calendars and select the ones you want to sync.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
I think you might misunderstand. The calendar syncs fine and all the events are there in the phone, but the color coding doesn't show so you can't glance at the calendar and know what events are business, personal, etc.

skennelly

Reaction score
I think you might misunderstand. The calendar syncs fine and all the events are there in the phone, but the color coding doesn't show so you can't glance at the calendar and know what events are business, personal, etc.

I understood, but it looks like this on my device:

upyqy9uq.jpg

And I can sync my calendar events without syncing the different colors.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

kooshie

Reaction score
It seems like you might be using Google's new feature to color code your events. I use separate calenders and assign colors to those calendars which due in fact show up in their color coded glory :). Hope this helps.

OP
V

Virago

Reaction score
It seems like you might be using Google's new feature to color code your events. I use separate calenders and assign colors to those calendars which due in fact show up in their color coded glory :). Hope this helps.

what calendar apps do you use?

kooshie

Reaction score
Sorry, should have made that clear. I use the stock calendar. On the web calendar I have added different calendars for sports, scouts & school. I have my husband's & son's calendar's also which they have shared with me, which is also done on the web under settings. Hope this helps (better) :)

OP
V

Virago

Reaction score
Sorry, should have made that clear. I use the stock calendar. On the web calendar I have added different calendars for sports, scouts & school. I have my husband's & son's calendar's also which they have shared with me, which is also done on the web under settings. Hope this helps (better) :)
Ah, thanks. Sounds great but I'm still hoping there is another way. I would have to make a different google account for each of my code categories and sign out of one to sign into the other and then sync. And I have 6 categories. I work for 5 different companies and have each color coded, along with a different color for personal fun events. I think I'd be exhausted in signing in/signing out. lol

kooshie

Reaction score
Ah, thanks. Sounds great but I'm still hoping there is another way. I would have to make a different Google account for each of my code categories and sign out of one to sign into the other and then sync. And I have 6 categories. I work for 5 different companies and have each color coded, along with a different color for personal fun events. I think I'd be exhausted in signing in/signing out. lol

You don't need separate Google accounts, you do need to create a calendar but it will show up under your main calendar. I have only my [email protected] account and then I have scouts/school/sports along with my son's & husband's calendars who shared their calendars with me so they show up when I sign into my main Gmail account.

Danny123

Reaction score
Any idea of how to change the calendar color on the web carry over to the calendar app?

OP
V

Virago

Reaction score
You don't need separate Google accounts, you do need to create a calendar but it will show up under your main calendar. I have only my [email protected] account and then I have scouts/school/sports along with my son's & husband's calendars who shared their calendars with me so they show up when I sign into my main Gmail account.

THANK YOU!!!!
THIS WORKED!!!!

Ok, everyone! You CAN get your calendar to display different colors!!!!

Thank you thank you thank you

OP
V

Virago

Reaction score
Actually, I spoke a little too soon. I can't get the same colors that I have on my computer's calendar. Purple comes out rust colored on my phone, as does orange.
Dark blue and light blue both come out as blue/purple

Any hints?