Google Music!

SallyC

Reaction score
I also use Google Music and love it. Stream my music mostly, but do have some off line -- just in case. :)

The only thing I don't like - in fact, hate - is GM sideloads podcasts that I have downloaded in another app (BeyondPod) into my music list. I have found no way to stop this behavior and it drives me crazy to see podcasts mixed in with my music. GM has no way to filter out podcasts from music either, so that makes this behavior especially annoying! :icon_evil:

OP
pico1

pico1

Reaction score
I dunno it must be me but Google Music is a bit confusing... I had 2 albums that were available under offline play. I just bought a 3rd today that I wanted to download on my phone for offline play and it wouldn't download. Then I somehow lost my other 2 albums that were downloaded for offline play. Now I have to wait to get home to be on wifi to download them again. Too many hoops to jump through!

Zandar

Reaction score
I dunno it must be me but Google Music is a bit confusing... I had 2 albums that were available under offline play. I just bought a 3rd today that I wanted to download on my phone for offline play and it wouldn't download. Then I somehow lost my other 2 albums that were downloaded for offline play. Now I have to wait to get home to be on wifi to download them again. Too many hoops to jump through!
Yes, it's a real PITA that Google makes you go under settings and choose whether you want to restrict downloading offline content to WiFi or not. Damn them for giving me the choice and thinking I could navigate a simple menu! So many hoops.

OP
pico1

pico1

Reaction score
Yes, it's a real PITA that Google makes you go under settings and choose whether you want to restrict downloading offline content to WiFi or not. Damn them for giving me the choice and thinking I could navigate a simple menu! So many hoops.

LAWL. I'm fat I don't want to jump through anything. But for real, I tried BOTH DL on wifi checked and unchecked... won't download on my 4G either!

Zandar

Reaction score
LAWL. I'm fat I don't want to jump through anything. But for real, I tried BOTH DL on wifi checked and unchecked... won't download on my 4G either!
Then the answer is simple: Google hates you. :crazy:

OP
pico1

pico1

Reaction score
lol yes but I don't hate Google. Apple on the other hand....

Thanks BroidDrionic, I had that as well but still didn't do it. It has to be some sort of setting I have on my phone. I don't have auto-sync on my accounts and I have to manually sync google music. But it wouldn't snag it on the 4G either. Got home on wifi and it's all good. Thanks everyone.

Zandar

Reaction score
Do you have any Smart Actions that might be making things go wonky?

SallyC

Reaction score
lol yes but I don't hate Google. Apple on the other hand....

Thanks BroidDrionic, I had that as well but still didn't do it. It has to be some sort of setting I have on my phone. I don't have auto-sync on my accounts and I have to manually sync google music. But it wouldn't snag it on the 4G either. Got home on wifi and it's all good. Thanks everyone.

Have you gone into your phone's Settings>Data Manager> Data Saver and made sure that's not turned on?

If that's alright then it sounds like something is just screwy because it should work. Strange too that your music disappears after you downloaded it. Maybe you would do well to use this link for Google's help with Play. There's a troubleshooting algorithm or you can request they phone you.

detroitwilly

Reaction score
I have Cache Music "Temporarily Store Music" checked in the menu, this isn't taking up a large amount of storage on my device is it?

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
I have Cache Music "Temporarily Store Music" checked in the menu, this isn't taking up a large amount of storage on my device is it?
Not much. It only caches about 30 or so songs. Assuming 10 MB a piece (huge for a song), that's still only 300 MB, a pittance for your razr maxx.

Xil

Reaction score
"Make available offline" works fine for me, I don't need to be on wifi for it to work. I think there are settings which allow you to download your songs without being on wifi.
But really, you should just stream it! I only have like 100 songs downloaded but I have like 7000 on my Google music. Never had any problems streaming FROM THE CLOUUUUD

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Not everyone has the luxury of unlimited data. Streaming can get data expensive (Use a lot) I know for me since I have unlimited data I don't worry about it but from streaming alone i use like 250mb-500mb a day. Think, at say 300mb a day on average, and 30 days in the month/billing cycle your looking at 9 Gigs or so of data for just music.

alboboy10

Reaction score
Not everyone has the luxury of unlimited data. Streaming can get data expensive (Use a lot) I know for me since I have unlimited data I don't worry about it but from streaming alone i use like 250mb-500mb a day. Think, at say 300mb a day on average, and 30 days in the month/billing cycle your looking at 9 Gigs or so of data for just music.

How do you stream that much music. Pandora doesn't use that much data. Google music can but after a while it caches the music

Xil

Reaction score
I have over 30 Gigs worth of music uploaded between two G-Music accounts and I use it always as I drive and throughout the day. I just let it randomly go from song to song. I always factory reset once every couple of months so the cache happens to be wiped.