google music update

jch81

Reaction score
Is Google music functional from the lock screen?

That is the one reason I keep using my music. Dont want to unlock my phone everytime just to change the song.

Thanks in advance

WestOkid

Reaction score
It has a lock screen now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

WestOkid

Reaction score
@dangrey

I have to respectfully disagree. First you are off base in thinking people on this forum do not get the point of Google Music. We are fully aware it is a streaming app. We are also aware it is now the stock Google music app. The 2 functions are not mutually exclusive. I am a developer also. ( Not android). I assure you the location of the file have no bearing on lousy player features. Not everyone has unlimited data and steady data connection wherever they go(i.e. buildings, subways, camping, etc).

For anyone that wants a great music experience - I use Power Amp with a 32 gig SD card with about 5 thousand songs. I keep everything nice a synced using iSycncr wifi.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

jch81

Reaction score
Giving Google Music a try for the next few days over My Music. Only reason i hadnt switched earlier was because of the lock screen features. My Music is slow and not very responsive.

ntrddragn

Reaction score
Is there a way to use Google music and play just my music on my SD card? Without turning off my connection?

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
ntrddragn said:
Is there a way to use Google music and play just my music on my SD card? Without turning off my connection?

Open Play Music, hit the menu soft key and check the box that says "On device only".

seeker222

Reaction score
Open Play Music, hit the menu soft key and check the box that says "On device only".

I am looking for the exact opposite function, is there a way to access ONLY the cloud content and not my local music files? I like WinAmp for local files, and I want a separate interface to access my cloud music. There isn't an option in Google Music to show only the music stored in the cloud that I can find. I'd even be happy with another player that could do that, but I have a feeling GM is the only one with access to the cloud storage.

ntrddragn

Reaction score
zomnomnombie said:

Omg...lol. thanks I was looking in the setting.

rjeatkrconley

Reaction score
Do any of these other music players work with voice control? Google play only half works. The stock ap works most of the time, well that is if it doesn't randomly delete my playlists. Or when I pause with my headset, it forgets where it was in the playlist and I either have to start over or select a different playlist, if it hasn't randomly deleted it.....driving me crazy...

Reaction score
The update has some bugs one that annoys me is when u go to forward to part in the song the bar freezes plus when you switch to a different song and the bar is frozen it stays frozen

dapinc

Reaction score
The "GUI" update is ok I guess, but they didn't fix the current issues. They also took away some features that I liked. Shuffle is worse than before. It sometimes does not shuffle at all or it still repeats the same song. I have to clear the queue each time (a new feature that I don't like). If you don't clear the queue each time before playing a different album or playlist you will end up with 100s of songs that will play when you just want for example 30 songs. They made it harder to navigate to an artist. I used to be able to click the arrow next to a song to find more by artist or to view the current album. Also they didn’t fix the upload problem. I still have to spend 10 to 20 minutes playing around with Google music manger (desktop app) to get it to recognize the new songs that I added to the folders. Sometimes I have to reboot. It should see the music right away and the updated metadata. Wish they would fix old problems before adding unnecessary features.