Google Music

BCrawford

Reaction score
So I have all my music floating around in Google's cloud. I had the app pull a bunch of albums and set them up for offline use, however yesterday when I open the music app, all my music was gone.

I didn't want to have to stream in the car(doesn't work to well when you like the shuffle and skip through stuff) so I manually added a few albums. With the new albums on my phone, I set google music to only show offline music.

Apparently in offline mode you can't use the instant mix feature(which is great) and if you turn offline mode off, It continues to stream content that I already have on my phone.

Is this the way it is supposed to work? Does anyone have any tips on using google music??

Reaction score
This is why I don't use Google music. Amazon cloud player is much better with the way they handle your cloud vs saved music. Not to mention, they allow you to download the music you own and don't hide it like Google music does.

When you make your music available offline they hide it in a folder and give it a coded name so if you wanted to move your songs off your phone and save it on your computer, you have no way of knowing which song is which.

With Amazon, it saves it to your sd card by name and even conveniently places the songs in folders by album name.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

prowler85

Reaction score
This is why I don't use Google music. Amazon cloud player is much better with the way they handle your cloud vs saved music. Not to mention, they allow you to download the music you own and don't hide it like Google music does.

When you make your music available offline they hide it in a folder and give it a coded name so if you wanted to move your songs off your phone and save it on your computer, you have no way of knowing which song is which.

With Amazon, it saves it to your sd card by name and even conveniently places the songs in folders by album name.

Ok, but Amazon only gives you 2 GB of storage for free. There are other things I don't like about Goog Music (mainly with the player), but I have 15 gigs of music (too much to store on my "SD" card) so I've gone totally to cloud. I'd try Amazon but would rather not pay for the storage.

Reaction score
Ok, but Amazon only gives you 2 GB of storage for free. There are other things I don't like about Goog Music (mainly with the player), but I have 15 gigs of music (too much to store on my "SD" card) so I've gone totally to cloud. I'd try Amazon but would rather not pay for the storage.

I can see your situation. However, Amazon actually gives 5gb free... not that it makes a difference if you have 15 gb.

However, now that I have the RAZR with motocast , I don't need a cloud anymore because I can get my music on my phone straight from my pc. Otherwise, Amazon does offer a plan for $20 a year with unlimited storage for music.

prowler85

Reaction score
I can see your situation. However, Amazon actually gives 5gb free... not that it makes a difference if you have 15 gb.

However, now that I have the RAZR with motocast , I don't need a cloud anymore because I can get my music on my phone straight from my pc. Otherwise, Amazon does offer a plan for $20 a year with unlimited storage for music.

Yeah, I've seen that and thought about it, but I feel like I get nickled and dimed everywhere these days. I thought I'd just give Google Music a shot for a while and see if (hopefully) they keep improving the service and the player (which they usually do). Considering Google Music is really only a few months old, I'll give them another few months to see if things improve. If not, I'll try the Amazon player. Too bad Amazon doesn't throw in larger storage for Prime members.

Anyone know of a way to give Google a few suggestions??? I've read it on here and recently seen it for myself, but if your music doesn't have the album name (so that it has unkown album), it doesn't sort correctly by artist and is a real pain when trying to find songs or cache by album. I'm sure they know about it, but there's a lot of enhancements they could make to their player to get it up to par with other players on the market.