Google May Be Considering Becoming a Wireless Carrier; In Talks With Dish Network

drunkclever

Reaction score
Dear Lord please let Google buy out verizon and change everything for the good of mankind.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

sonicxtacy02

Reaction score
Personally i'm all for it, means they'd be one step closer to viable home tv and internet access on a dramatically larger scale.

For the telecommunications sector in the US this would be an absolute death blow

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't hold my breath, at least not for a good decade or so. There currently isn't a network out there that has more coverage than VZW, so no matter what Google does, they'll need time to expand and grow.

I'd bet money Google has no intention of a national network with coverage like VZW or even AT&T. They are most likely targeting the major metro markets where people are ditching landlines and don't travel much (i.e. national coverage doesn't matter). It will tie-in quite nicely and easily with Google Voice VoIP.

It's a good thing because the carriers need more competition. Internally I'm sure AT&T, VZW and Sprint are REALLY peeved. They made Android (never mind the latter two NEEDED Android at the time) and now they've created an opportunity for Google to bite into their turf.

That, of course, was hardly unpredictable. But VZW and AT&T will go to the DOJ to vehemently oppose Google's expansion into this market.