Google disabling use of pre-paid cards on google wallet

kmo

Reaction score
OK, mine is working fine, have had zero issues with it. I'm sure you don't have to worry about your $15. it'll be there when it comes back for you....

kmo

Reaction score
That could be it, I'm rooted but still on the stock OS....

NyPlaya513

Reaction score
ok I am going to clear the air so there is no confusion. the problem is if you reset wallet or actually removed the card, you are unable to re-add it. yes for those like kmo who didnt touch it once they rooted and stuck to stock it is fine, but for anyone taking the precautionary measures when swapping roms or reset it for any other reason, we are currently stuck.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
ok I am going to clear the air so there is no confusion. the problem is if you reset wallet or actually removed the card, you are unable to re-add it. yes for those like kmo who didnt touch it once they rooted and stuck to stock it is fine, but for anyone taking the precautionary measures when swapping roms or reset it for any other reason, we are currently stuck.

Exactly.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

NyPlaya513

Reaction score
HUGE UPDATE guys

"Hi Michael,

I understand that you have been unable to provision your Google Prepaid
Card and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

While we have restored the ability to issue new prepaid cards to Google
Wallet, we have temporarily disabled Google Prepaid Card provisioning on a
device that has previously had a Google Prepaid Card on it. This is to
ensure the security of our users and we are working to restore full
functionality as soon as possible. This process will take approximately
two weeks.

If you would like a refund for the funds on your Google Prepaid Card,
please contact Money Network at 855-896-0693. For more information around
this issue, you can visit the Google Commerce blog at
Google Commerce.

Please reply to this email if you have any other questions. We appreciate
your patience and understanding as we work to improve the Google Wallet
experience.

Sincerely,

Leah
The Google Wallet Team"

I emailed them to confirm if its within 2 weeks or in 2 weeks

captdroid

Reaction score
Pay buy phone is a cool idea. Google Wallet is just not progressing along quickly enough with several critical issues recently and concerns for it to actually be useful day to day for me at this time. I have reset the app removing it from the secure element on my phone. Until the time I can use virtually any of my credit cards without having to use an unreliable or otherwise prepaid card and the readers are in most stores it's just not a practical payment solution and the wow factor has worn off already for me. So long Google Wallet for now.

FiLiNuX

Reaction score
unsupported device

After waiting and waiting I now have a "unsupported device click here to learn more. " message at the top of google wallet app. Have also had what appears to be 1.00 auth charged by Google WEEKS after prepaid went offline.

Few more weeks of this few more weeks of that and have a feeling the gnex is going to be left out.

captdroid

Reaction score
After waiting and waiting I now have a "unsupported device click here to learn more. " message at the top of google wallet app. Have also had what appears to be 1.00 auth charged by Google WEEKS after prepaid went offline.

Few more weeks of this few more weeks of that and have a feeling the gnex is going to be left out.

No you will eventually get a pay by phone solution that works and practical. It may or may not be GW. And for rooted users any of the pay by phone options may not work or be supported. For my purposes having root far out ways paying by phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
I am running (and have been flashing new nightlies as they come) Pete's BB, and haven't had any issues with Wallet whatsoever. My $10 prepaid is still there. Today I updated Wallet from the market and the reviews said that rooted ROMs weren't supported (which makes sense I've already been up to date on their stand there). What doesn't make sense is that I'm not seeing any of the issues everybody else is and I don't know why. Hell, if it's still working great, but I'm not getting the "rooted devices are unsupported" message, my prepaid account is still there and functioning. I haven't done anything since installing it. Never restored any backups or cleared data. That's probably why, but I'm not messing with it if it's still working. Anyone else NOT having Wallet issues?

Edit: I read more and see this to be the case. But shouldn't I still at least be seeing that "unsupported device" yellow bar?

Last edited: