Google disabling use of pre-paid cards on google wallet

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I just did a search for Google wallet in the app market and it isn't there anymore. I pulled up all apps from Google and it isn't on that list either.

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Nope, found it using my phone's browser but when I tried to download it, it said that it's not available on my carrier.

FiLiNuX

Reaction score
its back!

After weeks and weeks of waiting and error messages my prepaid card came back online. Said unavailable until I hit try again and after a long wait it is back up and working.

thesoldier

Reaction score
Yup, my prepaid is finally back up! And still with the free $10! Will have to try it out soon.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

ryguy5254

Reaction score
3/5/12 Google Wallet Update Apk... get the apk here and check out the instructions St the bottom

Thanks for this. This worked.

HOWEVER!!! Something weird happened. I went to Foot Locker and bought some new laces. I went to pay with my Nexus without any problem. When I looked at my receipt however, the last 4 on the receipt didn't match with the last four of the numbers on my Google Wallet. My account balance went down, so I'm not sure whats going on. The transaction still says "Sent".

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I think I'm just going to wait to start a wallet until Google gets it's act together. And also allows pre-paid cards again. There is no way I'm putting my credit card in that wallet.

ffactoryxx

Reaction score
How does Google wallet work? I downloaded the app but haven't opened it yet.

Like would I sync my amex or chase credit card to it. When I go to pay it will just deduct from that credit card?

hakaida

Reaction score
I got a message saying it won't work because I'm not running an official version of the OS. It's not worth leaving the BAMF rom that I'm using just for this app.

kmo

Reaction score
Yes the app has potential but still needs work to make it a viable option. I used it briefly (at the one place that offered it locally) that's a problem too not many places have implemented this technology yet. I thought it was cool initially but the novelty soon wore off. If I could use my own credit card (not just to add funds to Google's pre-paid card on the app) and when more stores have this type of technology I would start using it again. Also if you're rooted the app will recognize that and deem your device not compatible, at some point someone will develop a work around but Google has been putting together safeguards for stock devices and suggest not using this app if rooted. Personally this app is a novelty for now, maybe someday It will be useful. I've disabled the app on my phone, I have no real use for it...(at least for now.)

Tas

Reaction score
Downloaded and updated Google wallet with new apk. Was able to add funds and use it at rite-aid. This is why Aosp rocks and rolls.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

NyPlaya513

Reaction score
I got a message saying it won't work because I'm not running an official version of the OS. It's not worth leaving the BAMF rom that I'm using just for this app.
if you are speaking about the "unsupported device" banner on the top of the app, it works with it regardless