Google Contacts

magikmarkur

Reaction score
Ok I am starting to get a better understanding of how gmail backs up your contacts.

Now I have a quesiton regarding how it syncs. Can i tell my device to only sync with My Contacts and not All Contacts?

All contacts has almost every email address I sent saved to it as gmail does by default. My Contacts has only my contacts from my old :blackberry:. I dont want to have all those extra emails on my phone, but I dont want to delete them off of my gmail, as I might need them later. :mad:

TIA!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok I am starting to get a better understanding of how gmail backs up your contacts.

Now I have a quesiton regarding how it syncs. Can i tell my device to only sync with My Contacts and not All Contacts?

All contacts has almost every email address I sent saved to it as gmail does by default. My Contacts has only my contacts from my old :blackberry:. I dont want to have all those extra emails on my phone, but I dont want to delete them off of my gmail, as I might need them later. :mad:

TIA!

Yes, exactly. It will sync with "my contacts" not all contacts.

You can also set it up to have contacts in your my contacts list that have phone numbers only.

wmscottmc

Reaction score
Can you also control if the calendar and task data is synced? Is it possible on these Android phones to keep this data local on the phone without syncing it to google?

Also, do these phones come with a backup app, to backup the phones data to a pc, or is it just assumed that everything will sync to google (which would be a backup if the phone were ever lost)?

Thanks

OP
magikmarkur

magikmarkur

Reaction score
Can you also control if the calendar and task data is synced? Is it possible on these Android phones to keep this data local on the phone without syncing it to google?

Also, do these phones come with a backup app, to backup the phones data to a pc, or is it just assumed that everything will sync to google (which would be a backup if the phone were ever lost)?

Thanks

Check this thread out. Hope it clarifies.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ne...sistance/57771-3rd-party-backup-software.html

eptreyg

Reaction score
Is it possible to get the contacts on my phone to my google contacts?