Contact display groups

heathuff

Reaction score
Hi all,

I recently got my new Droid X and upon setting up my gmail acct on the phone, it went and pulled all of my gmail contacts in.

Is there a way to move or copy some of the gmail contacts into the phone contacts so I can change the view to “phone contacts” only?

I dont want to scroll through my entire list of gmail contacts since a lot of them are stemming from ebay correspondents and people I don’t talk to. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Arcstriker

Reaction score
Not sure about moving them to the phone, but what I did was added them to my "favorites" and used the fav list.

OP
H

heathuff

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply arcstriker...yea thats a good idea...it accomplishes the same thing I guess...thanks again!

Arcstriker

Reaction score
Well, I was thinking, if you 'moved' them, then they would be stored on the phone and if something happened to the phone, or needed numbers but the phone was dead, you wouldn't be able to get them, however if the numbers remain in Gmail, then matter what happens to the phone, the numbers are just a webpage away. And if you 'copied' them, then you'd have 2 of each contact, and would have to go thru and 'link' each one to its duplicate. Thats how I just settled on the fav.

If you ever find an app, or something better, let me know.

EDIT You can also 'long press' the home screen and 'add folder' Favorites... and add the folder to the home screen to speed things up