Google Camera Has Been Ported To The Galaxy S8, LG G6 And Other Devices!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
google-camera-1-jpg.77755

You may be able to get even more performance out of your smartphone's camera now that the Google camera app with HDR+ support has been ported to many popular smartphones. A Ukrainian developer by the name of B-S-G has posted his modified version of the app. This is the same camera app found in the Android O Developer Preview from June. The modified camera app will work with Snapdragon 820, 821, and 835 devices. It has been tested on the LG G6, OnePlus 3, OnePlus 3t, OnePlus 5, and Galaxy S8 and is working on those devices. Google's HDR+ technology does seem to be working as the processing notification pops up when photos are snapped and you can see a marked difference. To give the app a shot on your phone head to the link below to download the app.

via XDA

Attachments

• google-camera-1.jpg
    google-camera-1.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 1,863

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Tested on the Z2 Force. Works. I'll probably stay with Moto's cam.

OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I tested it on my S8 and have found that it brings a bit of extra light in low light situations. still the Galaxy s8 stock camera software seems to do a better job with noise reduction. I think I'm going to stick with my phone's stock software like PereDroid.