Google Camera with HDR+ Has Been Ported To Many More Devices!

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
You're right the hardware is pretty much the hardware. But software controlling the image processing after the sensors have done their job can be tweaked and improved in how regards to how it interprets the data collected.

software does about everything anymore. remember how you used to need a good camera with all the difference lenses and filters to get that great look.

SilentSparrow

Reaction score
software does about everything anymore. remember how you used to need a good camera with all the difference lenses and filters to get that great look.
Is this just about the only example? Could you give any more examples of places software will always improve hardware aspects?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm writing a report on why the job market for hardware engineers is expanding at a seventh of the size of software engineers.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
It's not really improving the hardware at all. In this case the software is just processing what the hardware spits out differently.
I guess another example would be a robot in a car factory. Robot does x. New software...robot can do y. (Not sure that's a great example)

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
take your car and all the electronics in it. seems like every time you take it in for regular maintenance, it gets a software update so the car could perform better.

then you have vw used software to bypass emissions testing. and then there is tesla. just about all software - even the driver :)