Google Calendar sync problem

Apoth

Reaction score
Heya folks!

I tried googling (and searching this forum, which seemed promising!) for some help, but I can't seem to find an answer that works!

My issue is I just got a droid a few weeks ago, and almost immediately loaded ICS on it. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but for some reason the calander app (which is the default calander app) won't sync with my google calendar. I can pull up the calendar, however when I go to add a new event, I get the message "Before you can add an event, you must add at least one calendar account..." When I click add account and try to enter my gmail/google info, it says 'unable to connect with server', though it's not an internet connection issue. From the looks of it, it is asking me to enter exchange server info (which I don't use on this phone).

The phone is set up with my google account info, however one thing I've noticed that is odd is when I go to accounts & sync and select google, there is no option/checkbox for calendar. (I have Browser, contacts, currents, drive, gmail & google photos). All the suggestions I've found is to either delete the google account entirely & re-enter it (which I've done) or to make sure the option under this menu for calendar is checked (which doesn't even exist).

I then tried removing the google account, going under app management and clearing the calendar cache. This then asked me if I wanted to add an email account in the calendar, but when I enter my gmail info it says the account already exists on this device.

Would anyone have any suggestions as to what I could try to fix this? I'm sure it's something extremely simple that I've missed! =/

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

mamawm

Reaction score
i've have the same problem on my bionic, it's seems to be an issuse with the stock calendar app that came with the phone as i'm not rooted. anything that i enter on google calendar from my laptop syncs back to my phone, but anything that i enter on the phone stays on the phone and won't sync back to google. so i just went to google play and got another calender app, i use acalender and it works beautifully. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.withouthat.acalendar&feature=order_history

BrindlePig

Reaction score
acalendar does not fix proble

acalendar does not solve the problem. I downloaded it and have the same problem. It syncs one way just like the other calendar.