Google Calendar Sync Issue

BlairAllenVT

Reaction score
Hey folks, brand new Droid user here, as of early this afternoon. Am happy to say that I'm loving it so far! Despite that fact, though, I'm having a problem with syncing my Google calendar to my Droid Calendar. First of all, I have a Google Apps For Domain account. So my account is <my name>@<my domain>.com, instead of <my name>@gmail.com. As far as I know, this shouldn't pose any problems, because it's still using all Google email/contact/calendar services. Also, in my Google calendar I have 11 different calendars that I have created, with the additional US Holidays that Google supplies. When I log into the web-based Google calendar, I can see all my calendars and events just fine. However, when I launch the Calendar app on my Droid, there is some randomness to which events seem to have been pushed to my Droid.
Right now there seems to be a definite cutoff of somewhere around Nov 10th where events in *most* of the calendars stop appearing. For instance, I have a Work calendar that shows all the shifts that I have worked, going back over two years. Those work shifts only show up on my Droid back to Nov 10th, before which there is nothing showing up. All the shifts definitely show up via the web interface for Google calendar, so I know they are not accidentally getting deleted or something like that. Then, as another example, I have an ACC Basketball calendar that currently only has ACC basketball games from the 2008-2009 season (ending around mid-march 2009). On my Droid, I only see one of nearly 100 events that are in that calendar. Again, I have no idea why that one was pushed while the others were ignored. One final note is that the US Holidays calendar seems to be syncing perfectly....all the holidays show up on my Droid.
I have repeatedly tried forcing a sync for this Google account, but nothing changes. I can create an event from my Droid and put it in one of those calendars, and it will show up on the web interface just fine, for any date. If I delete it from either calendar, the change shows up quickly. But the rest of the calendar events have yet to show up. Does anyone have any idea about what's happening here? This is the only Google account I have on my phone, so I am hesitant to have to Factory Defaults reset at this point, although I'm starting to think I may have to.
I apologize for the long post, but I wanted to give all the info I could to make the situation as clear as possible for you guys as to not waste your time! :)

Thanks in advance for any input!

JayMonster

Reaction score