Google Calendar Issues

dieselpowered

Reaction score
Little confused, maybe all of you can help me. If I setup reminders on calendar events, I would think those reminders would sync with the phone's calendar...correct? For some reason, my events sync fine, however, when I look at them on my phone, there is no reminder set?

The only way I can get a reminder for some reason is if I setup the event to send a text message to my phone.

How can I make it so that I get a reminder on my phone without receiving a text?

Thanks in advance!

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I don't use the calendar on the web but maybe this link will help?

Google Sync Services

check settings/accts and sync settings...and see if the checkbox is checked. Your email and contacts sync?

OP
D

dieselpowered

Reaction score
Thanks, yes everything works fine, except that the reminders do not carry over from the online calendar to my phone's calendar??

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Maybe reminders are separate then. I know when I used the Android calendar I set 2 reminders for one event, and that while in Calendar you can use the menukey to get into settings to set how long the default reminder should be.

OP
D

dieselpowered

Reaction score
Maybe, I just hate to have to setup things online and then go back to the phone and setup reminders...maybe that is just the way it is?

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Little off topic, but I really hope Google decided to pump up their stock calendar app. Its so lame. Nice functions, but I wanna see color-coded dates, better month view ya know...

OP
D

dieselpowered

Reaction score
Little off topic, but I really hope Google decided to pump up their stock calendar app. Its so lame. Nice functions, but I wanna see color-coded dates, better month view ya know...
Ya I just use it to get info into my phone, however, if I need to then edit the events on my phone anyway to get the reminder to be on there...then I might as well just add the event right from my phone.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Personally I use the Pure Grid Calendar Widget for my calendar (paid but cheap). Takes some getting used to in setup, but you get color coded dates and can easily check them and add more...

OP
D

dieselpowered

Reaction score
So it sounds as though the consensus is that calendar reminders do not sync with the phone and have to manually be done on the online calendar as well as the phone?

OP
D

dieselpowered

Reaction score
Ok, here is the thing...when creating an event on the online google calendar you need to select "Pop-Up" for the reminder that will sync to your device, HOWEVER, if you create an event and do not add a reminder and then go back in, edit the event and add a reminder, it does not appear to add it to the calendar entry on your phone.