Google Buys Motorola Mobility, What Does This Mean for DX2 Users?

moomooplatter

Reaction score
Since Google bought Motorola Mobility, I figured us Droid X[SUP]2[/SUP] users needed a place to post questions, news and info about changes to the DX[SUP]2[/SUP] due to this transaction.

I, and many others are rooting for Google to do several things:
  • Get rid of mototurd
  • Go to near-stock GB
  • Perhaps 'mess something up' in a new OS release to make possible and facilitate the unlocking of the bootloader
  • Make bloatware uninstallable

Does anyone have anything to share?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Personally I think your chances of any of that happening are near zero. Google has stated that they plan to run the company separate from Google. And most of those things even Motoblur are done to build market identity, a reason to buy a Moto phone over a HTC or a Samsung phone or they are done at the request of the customer, which isn't us, it is Verizon.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Just cuz they have teamed up doesn't mean they are gonna change the way motorola handles their devices. It has been said many times before that google basically bought them for the many patents that motorola holds.

Sent from my DROID 3 directly to YOU!

Last edited:

srvctec

Reaction score
Googlerola won't have a thing to do with current phones. It will only affect future phones to be designed and collaborated on by the new entity Googlerola. Thinking/hoping there will be any changes on current phones because of this purchase by Google is just a pipe dream, IMHO.

srvctec

Reaction score
What a bunch if negative nancys

On the contrary- I agree with the op's wish list and think a lot of those things will happen, but the title "Google Buys Motorola Mobility, What Does This Mean for DX2 Users?" is what I responded to. It won't have a single thing to do with our DX2 phones because they are already done being engineered and produced. Future phones will be fantastic, I believe, because of this deal.

Maybe if the title were "Google Buys Motorola Mobility, What Does This Mean for Motorola/Android Users in the future?", then we'd probably have a lively discussion going on about all the possibilities of Googlerola.