Google Assistant Installing On My Watch

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe this is old news to many but the long awaited Google assistant has finally arrived on the Galaxy Watch 4 .
85eec1c2bee5b671e9aa193aa08e4df4.jpg

Darth Mode 10+

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I must say Google assistant BLOWS AWAY both Ultimate Alexa and Bixby . It's faster responding , more accurate and gives much better detail on specific queries where Bixby and Alexa give generic answers.
I asked is it supposed to rain at work tomorrow . Alexa said yes it's supposed to rain tomorrow . Bixby didn't know where I work and Google said yes between 8am and 530pm it is supposed to rain at work tomorrow .

Darth Mode 10+
View attachment 89688 View attachment 89689

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
For some reason the app thinks I'm in Boston Mass and when I tell it I'm not it goes kinda sideways on anything location, traffic , travel related and just brings up this while repeating what is written .
Screenshot_20220528_075113_assistant.jpg

This has been that way since yesterday morning .

Darth Mode 10+

cerisecons

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 22 Ultra
The app seems to be good so far for location on my Classic 4, the app is a good addition so far.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The app seems to be good so far for location on my Classic 4, the app is a good addition so far.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
Mine was like that the first couple of days as well.

To fix mine I had to open assistant on my phone , ask my current location , which created the same error on my phone , a menu popped up and asked if I wanted to "forget that " ,I tapped yes , bug cleared and it now tells me my correct current location on my phone and watch .

Darth Mode 10+

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I asked assistant yesterday "what is the current temperature at work "
Answer "I don't know that one . Perhaps ask me when the next full moon is "
When I was coming home from work yesterday there was a traffic jam ahead . I asked about traffic on the way home . It said "traffic on i95 in Boston is heavy " . I was in Chester Virginia . I asked what the traffic between work and home was like and it said "I don't know that one perhaps ask me what the current weather is " since I'm now sitting in a parking lot called i95 I force closed the app and started it up again . From that point ,until I deleted and installed today, the microphone never worked on the watch , only on my phone .
This was the first time I'd tried it since the latest update to the app . It's working fine again now that I deleted and installed on both the watch and phone , connected them back together again , and went through the whole setup process again .
I'm really liking Ultimate Alexa better than this one for now .

Darth Mode 10+

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Monday I asked Google what the percentage chance for rain was at work .
Honest to goodness "it might rain today " was the answer I got .

Darth Mode 10+

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
On my way to work this morning I my exit off of 95 was about a 1/4 mile prior to a major accident . My wife leaves the house a few minutes after me and goes further on 95 than I do so she's gonna get stuck in it if she doesn't know . As I get off at my exit I decide to text her . Phone is in my lunch box so that's out . Messaging app on the watch is very lengthy to compose one and I'm trying to pay attention to traffic . Last time this happened I pulled over two the side and called her but on a whim I enabled Google assistant and said send text to ...... It asked what's the message , got the message spot on and asked me if I wanted to send it . I said yes , it sent . She replied via Siri .
I've gotten a couple of updates on the watch since I last posted about this app and it seems to be getting better with each update . No more it might rain today responses and no more thinking I'm in Boston Mass instead of central Virginia .

Darth Mode 10+

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Evidently the Google Assistant now has the ability to stand alone on the LTE version of the Galaxy Watch 4. Just for grins I am running the watch on LTE only today to see how it performs and one of the things I attempted was current temperature before I head out .
Screenshot_20221022_092730_sysui.jpg
Screenshot_20221022_093041_assistant.jpg

Darth Mode 10+

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Assistant gave me text data , instead of just a link, along with verbal reading of the text when I asked how to cook a veggie burger in an airfyer . This was a couple of hours after Google Mobile Services updated itself on my watch .
Google News is also just about there on Galaxy Watch 4 . It now will show screenshots of the app on the Play Store though still saying my watch isn't compatible . Any day now it should be available according to multiple sources on the web .
Screenshot_20221029_174313_assistant.jpg

Darth Mode 10+