Google Apps for Education Calendar

CABylone

Reaction score
I just got a Motorola Droid today. My work email is set up through Google Apps for Education. I am having issues getting my calender to snyc.

I can sync my personal Gmail account just fine..but my work account will not snyc...it is not give me the option to sync the calendar.....

Help! If you have questions that you answers to, to be able to help more...just ask and I will answer.

Thanks!

Jim1th

Reaction score
Yes... Having the same issue. Any responses from anyone?

OP
C

CABylone

Reaction score
Found the solution

So when you first set up your phone, which ever "google" calender you want on your phone - you will need to use that one to set up the phone.

The phone only lets one google calendar per phone...i know odd right...if you have 2 or more google calendars you will need to marge them through the google account you used to set up your phone

Verizon requires a "gmail" account to set up the phone...because the schools email is run on a gmail server it will work.

So just use your [email protected] email when you set up your phone and it will work.......

If you have already set up your phone you will need to reset the phone to factory settings. You will lose all your data but not files like pics, etc - just apps and stuff.....

Let me know if this helps.....

Hooligan

Reaction score
Same problem here!

I have the Droid X and an education gmail apps address. When I tried to add my gmail as my initial setup, the error message states that Google Talk is missing and I need to contact my IT administrator. Since I'm sure the school system will not add Google Talk to our available services on Google apps, I am thinking of returning the Droid X. It is a great machine, but this is ridiculous.

OP
C

CABylone

Reaction score
Solution Found

So when you first set up your phone, which ever "google" calender you want on your phone - you will need to use that one to set up the phone.

The phone only lets one google calendar per phone...i know odd right...if you have 2 or more google calendars you will need to marge them through the google account you used to set up your phone

Verizon requires a "gmail" account to set up the phone...because the schools email is run on a gmail server it will work.

So just use your [email protected] email when you set up your phone and it will work.......

If you have already set up your phone you will need to reset the phone to factory settings. You will lose all your data but not files like pics, etc - just apps and stuff.....

Let me know if this helps.....