Goodbye Nexus....

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Got tired of continuous signal problems and picked up a HTC One M8 ... good riddance to this 2 1/2 yr nexus nightmare.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
How do you like the M8?

OP
DesktopDevin

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
How do you like the M8?

It feels really slick in your hand, like it always is going to pop out of it, I'll be glad when the urban armour gear case I ordered for it gets here and have something to grip on to.

Otherwise I'm loving it so far, the sound is awesome definitely a big jump from the nexus.

The camera is good...nothing to brag about but not bad either.

Signal so far seems to be good but I'll see tomorrow when I get in the data center I work in and see what type of signal I get , my nexus would always drop its signal in there where my og droid was able to keep it.

My only real complaint so far is all the Verizon and Amazon crapware I cant uninstall and the lack of a removable battery.

I am definitely looking for a Vanilla rom to put on here and get rid of all of the crapware.

And the battery even though its not removable holds up a lot better than the nexus battery does, I just hope it stays that way.

OP
DesktopDevin

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Lol. I still keep mine around, mostly as a mp3 player

Tapped from a Moto X

Mine will go back in the box and be a standby in case something happens to the M8.

I still use my og droid, my wife was using as a mp3 player to take to work after I got the Nexus but she ditched it when I got her a galaxy tablet for last xmas.

I have the stock charging stand so I have it in there and using the aux input on my stereo it is now my internet radio that I use to listen to stations out on the west coast.

That old OG Droid just keeps on a rolling I really wish they would make a phone now that is a robust beast that was made to take a licking and walk away from it.

I never had to replace it no matter what beating it took.

My nexus within 2 years had to be replaced three times, glad to get rid of that POS.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Got tired of continuous signal problems and picked up a HTC One M8 ... good riddance to this 2 1/2 yr nexus nightmare.

Congrats. Yeah I know your pain I left my galaxy nexus for a note 2 then I bought a nexus 5. I must admit the nexus 5 is like night and day from the issues I had with the galaxy nexus so much so that it has become my primary device which is a lot because I felt like there was no phone out that could unseat my note 2.

Glad the M8 is working for you though it is a nice device.