Good earbuds for Droid

griffinhot

Reaction score
I installed CherryRPayer and plugged in an old, cheap pair
of earbuds and the sound is awesome. Especially the base
that is weak with Droids limited sound system and, of course
the stereo.

So, I was wondering if anyone has a suggestion for a good set
of earbuds that are not terribly expensive and are comfortable to wear.

THIS IS AN AWESOME PHONE

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I use the Bose my wife got me for Christmas last year.....

volando

Reaction score
I know you said "not terribly expensive", but if you listen to a lot of music or are looking for a comfortable and great-sounding experience this is probably the best investment you can make! Do NOT buy some cheap crappy iPhone style buds - they will only hurt your ears.

Buy one of the "Shure" types that can take a variety of attachments - the compressible foam pads are the best - they completely block out all ambient noise. Bass and overall sound is amazing, even in the lower-end models...

JFDroid

Reaction score
I use the Shure SE310: Amazon.com: Shure SE310 Sound Isolating Earphone - Black: Electronics

Great sounding headphones, but for a bit more money, I wish I had gone with the Shure SE420's: Amazon.com: Shure SE420-K Sound Isolating Earphones (Black): Electronics
Either way, for ~$200 or less you can get yourself one of the best sounding pair of headphones on the market... at least for in-ear headphones.

The other great thing is that they are really lenient about replacing damaged headphones. I've owned 4 pair of Shure headphones over the years (originally when I had an iPod like 5 years ago) and have had loose wires in two (I know... not the best thing to be admitting, but keep reading!) and both of those pair I sent back to Shure within the 1-year manufacturer warranty. Within two weeks I had a BRAND NEW pair of the same headphones, at no cost or charge to me except for the shipping it cost to send the damaged pair back. Their customer service is outstanding and I am a big fan of theirs.

If you want a great pair of headphones that you can trust to last you a while and sound amazing, look up Shure's products.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you are looking for earbuds, I recommend Grado, Ultimate Ears or Klipsch. Some of the more expensive Sennheiser buds are fantastic. The shure buds sound good, but they hurt. If you want clarity, by all means, stay away from the Bose earbuds... Bose makes the common mistake of confusing "more bass" with "better sound quality". Stay away.

Reaction score
If you want a pretty good quality pair of headphones for cheep, get skull candy's they arnt too bad.

volando

Reaction score
I use the Shure SE310

I decided to be cheap and just settled for the Shure SE210s - they're quite good enough and I'm not afraid of losing them. ~$100 in various places online...

NeoLogic

Reaction score
Vmoda > *

For price, comfort, style, and most importantly SOUND Quality, you can't beat Vmoda. Best buds I have ever owned or tried out. Makes buds that cost $$ more, sound like garbage.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I know you said "not terribly expensive",

Hey, mine were free :rofl3:

But the Bose earbuds are only $99, The over the ear ones are 200-300....

RARE NOTCH

Reaction score
Vmoda > *

For price, comfort, style, and most importantly SOUND Quality, you can't beat Vmoda. Best buds I have ever owned or tried out. Makes buds that cost $$ more, sound like garbage.
I vote vmoda to i have them and love them. Had the BOSE ones for a day. And the saying is true. all highs no lows must be BOSE.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Vmoda > *

I vote vmoda to i have them and love them. Had the BOSE ones for a day. And the saying is true. all highs no lows must be BOSE.

Never a problem with the Bose....

GoGators

Reaction score
For the absolute best, Etymotic Research ER4P. They are not cheap, but they are awesome. Amazon had the best deal when I bought mine for $167 and free shipping. Don't listen to me, check the reviews on these. Audiophiles know more than me. All I know is these work great and are high quality.

tah

Reaction score