Well... er... screw BT!

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
You know, today I was doing some driving, and I had grabbed from the far reaches of my old cabling drawer a 3.5 to 3.5 cable, and plugged in my Droid to my Accord's AUX jack ...

Other than that my Droid rested on my leg, comfortably and with hand on it, I thought that this was nicer than using the bT earbud that I had.

I'm not complaining about overall BT hands free, the lack of spcifically, just that running music thru the car stereo, and taking calls to me sounds better and IMO is just as hands free minus the voice commands, but in that I can take a moment to initiate a call when at a light, etc.

Was a wonderful day, and was the first time I gave my Droid a audio workout, and I liked it!

Nuklhed

Reaction score
I recently bought the car dock and I use the Droid with the AUX cable. Amazing how good it is. The sound comes through your speakers, you can talk normal and the Droid picks up your voice really well. Plus you can play music and if you are navigating, it will cut in and tell you when to make your turn. Very very very happy with this phone and everything it does.

clyons077

Reaction score
I recently bought the car dock and I use the Droid with the AUX cable. Amazing how good it is. The sound comes through your speakers, you can talk normal and the Droid picks up your voice really well. Plus you can play music and if you are navigating, it will cut in and tell you when to make your turn. Very very very happy with this phone and everything it does.

haha I ordered the Rokr BT headset... I LIKE BT DAMMIT! lol

dafischman

Reaction score
I just purchased the MotoRokr T505 tonight and let me tell you it's AWESOME! It attaches to your visor, accepts the signal from your phone via blue tooth and sends it to your radio via FM. Now I know that FM is not the best for SQ, however I was extremely impressed with mp3's and Pandora which themselves are already compressed some. What I like best it there is no hooking anything up. I climb in the car and it syncs with the phone, when I leave it loses the connection. Works great with navigation, phone calls, music, etc. It's kind of pricy but you can find them online for around $50.

masterxchief

Reaction score
I was always wondering if I could answer calls with the aux plugged into my car. So the caller's voice comes through the speakers and phone picks up your voice right?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
My Dodge Caliber's center console has a cell phone/MP3 holder, and I already had the aux cable for my ipod, so I didn't even have to buy anything to use my Droid in this way!

My only complaint while navigating is that the nav app doesn't PAUSE the music, just cuts it off. Not a BIG deal, but a little annoying when you're coming up on an exit you need to take that has 4 different street names associated with it in the nav app...

wil318466

Reaction score
I was always wondering if I could answer calls with the aux plugged into my car. So the caller's voice comes through the speakers and phone picks up your voice right?

It does work, but it kind of depends on how far away you have it from your mouth. My phone mount is kind of far away from where I sit so its hard for callers to hear me sometimes. When I take a call I usually grab the phone and sit it on my lap while talking, and people are ok with it.

I've had bad experiences with the FM transmitters though. I get a lot of static and the sound quality just isn't good enough. But thats me.

-Wil

Mongoose

Reaction score
I just purchased the MotoRokr T505 tonight and let me tell you it's AWESOME! It attaches to your visor, accepts the signal from your phone via blue tooth and sends it to your radio via FM. Now I know that FM is not the best for SQ, however I was extremely impressed with mp3's and Pandora which themselves are already compressed some. What I like best it there is no hooking anything up. I climb in the car and it syncs with the phone, when I leave it loses the connection. Works great with navigation, phone calls, music, etc. It's kind of pricy but you can find them online for around $50.

The Jabra SP700 does pretty much the same thing. Call quality on it is excellent. It pairs with the Droid and shuts off when you go out of range. It charges from the cars 12v outlet or your computer USB outlet in about 30 minutes and depending on use, will normally last a few weeks. I like it because of it's exceptional clarity when playing Pandora thru the speakers in the cars. The FM pairing is superb...and you can carry it with you to any car or boat. :icon_ devil: