earbuds that have working volume and skip track controls for droid bionic

DooDooBerry

Reaction score
i was wondering if anyone knew of a pair of earbuds that has an inline control that actually works on an android phone. i have a droid bionic and this pair of earphones i had used to only skip tracks on my lg ally but now on the bionic is purely a simple pair of earbuds. i want one that can skip tracks, change volume and has a mic on it, seen a klipsch pair of earbuds but heard it needs an app just to make it work properly which sounds utterly stupid to me having to download an app to make my earphones work properly, plus i read one review that said on order to change the volume its just a single button that loops around from soft to loud back to soft, again, utterly retarded. so if anyone knows from first hand experience of a pair of earbuds that has a controller on it and works on a bionic info would be nice. by the way price is not that much of a factor as long as they are not some bose 300 dollar earphones.
[h=1][/h]

sfcascooter

Reaction score
i was wondering if anyone knew of a pair of earbuds that has an inline control that actually works on an android phone. i have a droid bionic and this pair of earphones i had used to only skip tracks on my lg ally but now on the bionic is purely a simple pair of earbuds. i want one that can skip tracks, change volume and has a mic on it, seen a klipsch pair of earbuds but heard it needs an app just to make it work properly which sounds utterly stupid to me having to download an app to make my earphones work properly, plus i read one review that said on order to change the volume its just a single button that loops around from soft to loud back to soft, again, utterly retarded. so if anyone knows from first hand experience of a pair of earbuds that has a controller on it and works on a bionic info would be nice. by the way price is not that much of a factor as long as they are not some bose 300 dollar earphones.

I am terrible about losing and breaking headsets -- I just buy old Blackberry ones off of eBay for a few bucks NEW OEM BLACKBERRY 3.5MM Handsfree Headset Earphone | eBayhen I use Headset Button Controller by Christop Kober in the Market https://market.android.com/details?id=com.kober.headset&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5rb2Jlci5oZWFkc2V0Il0.

I
t allows you to customize the heck out of that one button (single press is play/pause - double press is forward one track, triple press is back one track, etc). As for volume - HBC lets you default to a certain volume every time you plug in the headphones and then you hold down the button to cycle through volume settings (you set up the range) -- but that sounds like it may violate your retarded standard above.

Anyway -- HBC and any headphones with a button is the way to go. HBC is free trial with all features, $2.99 to buy.

RyTheGuy

Reaction score
I know that Skull Candy are in the process of building these right now. They are located here in Park City, Utah and amazingly enough, had a national sales meeting at the resort I work at. So, I picked their brains on inline controller sets and whatever other info they would fork over. So, if you can stand the wait, I know they are working on them.

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
I know that Skull Candy are in the process of building these right now. They are located here in Park City, Utah and amazingly enough, had a national sales meeting at the resort I work at. So, I picked their brains on inline controller sets and whatever other info they would fork over. So, if you can stand the wait, I know they are working on them.

Oh god I hope so, I need exactly this. The hold-down-button-for-volume-cycle way to change volume is idiotic at best. I bought a headset from amazon and my bionic can't distinguish between the three buttons on it like my iphone could with its stock headset. Headset button controller is an great app, though, it made the headset I got actually useable, even with effectively only one button. The stock headset settings were terrible and didn't make any sense.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

tmos540

Reaction score

Yeah, I chatted up a SKDY rep, they sent me to this: Cell Phone Accessories - DayDeal.com
They told me to look up my android model, and that it should come up with compatible devices. I am gonna see about using it as a starting point for brands with compatible controls, and look at reviews on how well they worked for others before I buy. Sound like a logical path?
So good luck, I just pulled up the website just like three seconds ago, it shows all sorts of 3rd party accessories that are compatible by device. Kinda awesome if it pans out. If not.... Oh well, probably got some brand names to research.
Cheers
Snarge

tmos540

Reaction score
Also, perhaps if you looked at some of the stock Beats headphones that ship with one of the HTC phones that has Beats Audio, and a freebie pair of earbuds, because those ARE android phones, and they ARE the headphones designed to work with that phone. So you could see about that option. It's another thing I am considering...