ICS and Earbud Button Controller Issue

sadair

Reaction score
I have a pair of Kiplisch S4A earbuds. They have a 1 button controller built into the cable to control the music player. Prior to upgrading to ICS, when the phone was in sleep mode the button would work. Since the upgrade the button will not function unless the display is active. It does not have to be unlocked, it just has to be on. I was using the Kiplisch software. I uninstalled, reinstalled, cleared data, cleared cache, etc. with no change. I did a FDR no change. I tried another button controller software and it was the same. I usually use Google Play Music so I tried the built in Music player and still the same problem. I have tried all different combinations of smart actions and still cannot get it to work. You just have to wake it up to get it to work. I think this has to do with the sleep mode but could also be due to the built in widget that comes up on the unlock screen when the music player is playing. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
My initial thought would be that ICS is just now rolling out and not everyone has it yet, so I would wait a bit and let the programmers at Klipsch have some time to update their software.

Maybe write a review of the APP and let them just in case they don't already.