good case galaxy s3

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
The DBA Ultra with the Just Like Glass screen protector works perfectly. They fit together and give maximum protection in the thinnest case possible.

I've been talking about making more colors but we need to ramp up sales of the existing colors before we order new ones. I've had requests for Yellow TPU and Brown would look nice also.

No plans for clips. The Ultra is meant to be sleek and protective and clips get in the way.

We've been selling a TON of the S3 Just Like Glass screen protectors.

You can get them here - https://www.dbacases.com/index.aspx

Or here - Amazon.com: DBA CASES: Cell Phones & Accessories

I always appreciate good review on Amazon.

You can get 20% off using the code "Olympics".

been looking for a case and I'm going to give the DBA ultra with a glass screen protector a shot...

Questions

1. plans to make more tpu or pc colors? I'd really like a tan or possibly brown. Shame I've missed out on the brown gs3
2. plans for any clips for the ultra to go into? One thing that benefits me is a clip but you just don't see them that often in case offerings these days

BGavnG

Reaction score
Ordered black on black for now along with a just like glass protector. I'll gladly leave a review of my thoughts of the case. Good, or bad.

thanks.

The DBA Ultra with the Just Like Glass screen protector works perfectly. They fit together and give maximum protection in the thinnest case possible.

I've been talking about making more colors but we need to ramp up sales of the existing colors before we order new ones. I've had requests for Yellow TPU and Brown would look nice also.

No plans for clips. The Ultra is meant to be sleek and protective and clips get in the way.

We've been selling a TON of the S3 Just Like Glass screen protectors.

You can get them here - https://www.dbacases.com/index.aspx

Or here - Amazon.com: DBA CASES: Cell Phones & Accessories

I always appreciate good review on Amazon.

You can get 20% off using the code "Olympics".

rkd48

Reaction score
SEIDIO OBEX my first impressions.

Okay...let me do a quick review of my Seidio OBEX case. I just got it today. I read the directions and did the WATER PROOF test! It did not leak at all.
First off the case IS NOT beautiful to look at. It's BLACK and it's WIDE, but it isn't all that thick (about like a deck of cards maybe).

Second, this case is VERY WELL constructed. They advertise it's rugged build and you'll see right off it's designed for what might happen, not what you want to happen to your phone, but I would say that
this case will take whatever you throw at it.

Third, you won't be taking this case on and off, so you'll have to deside "do I want to use this just when I go to the pool or beach, or do I want this on my phone 24/7." You can get it in and out, but it's a pain and you'll want to keep that water proof bearer and not take the chance of braking or pinching the O ring that goes around it.

Fouth, ALL ports are available, but they are sealed (to keep water OUT) so you have to pull them back to access these ports. For some a hassel for me it what I would expect to a truely water proof case.
The screen is very clear and works great!

I was using the PureGear PX260. That case is wide, but not very thick. It offered NO protection of the screen. I liked that case, but I needed something that will hold up to the elements because my job
requires me to be in and out of the weather.
I think the OBEX is thiner than the OtterBox Defender, but the OtterBox offers lots of colors to choose from, if that's what you are into. This case will slide and out of larger pockets and the OtterBox Defender does not make that very easy.

Fifth, the GS3 is a big phone! I have no issue with the size of this case.

Sixth, I'll leave it to the guys who like to abuse things to do the "drop test" and all the other abuse this case is designed to stand up to.

I expect to get a lot of great use out of this case, I think the case will last longer than the phone. You know how we are we always want to move up every 2-3 years.
It was a long wait to see this case released for sell, but you can tell SEIDIO did their homework. If you don't have to have beauty and want something that will protect your "do everything phone"...YOU
NEED TO GET THE "SEIDIO OBEX". I think you'll like it.
I'll probabaly spring for the holster when it's available. I hope SEIDIO will give me a deal do to the fact that I was one of the first to buy and write about their GREAT product!

carguy

Reaction score
Great writeup. I also began using my Seidio Obex today.

I agree, nothing fancy looking, but the design and build is solid.

Hard plastic exterior with a slight textured finish. Just enough grip to hold and still slip in and out of your pocket with ease.

I find it was very easy to open, install and close. I agree that this should not be taken off and put on with any frequency as I can see the o-ring being damaged accidentally by doing so. The instructions state this as well, so no whining allowed if this happens to you :p

It does add some bulk to the device, but this is a thin phone to begin with. This can easily be a daily case without issue, I wear slacks all day at work and this will carry well in my front pocket (I'm not a fan of holsters and put them in the same league as fanny packs :icon_ banana:)

The one thing I'll have to get used to is the covered headphone jack and power outlet. Understandably so due to the waterproof design, I'm sure I'll adjust to that in no time and probably use the Jawbone ERA to listen to music at work over the ear buds more often as a 'work-around'.

I'm coming from the Seidio Active and this seems to be a touch thicker with much more protection.

I really like the case and having two small kids who watch a video or play a game on it from time to time, the extra protection is needed. Nice job Seidio, worth the wait :hail:

obex1.jpg

obex2.jpg

obex3.jpg

obex4.jpg

obex1.jpg

Last edited:

HelenB

Reaction score
If you want complete protection that includes a screen saver, I'd recommend an GS3 Otterbox case. The power button and the volume button have to be pushed a little harder to get them to operate because they are covered by the rubber case. The screen protector work great! I can still operate the phone without any problems through the screen protector. It offers complete protection and Otterbox even sent a replacement when I dropped and cracked another case... no questions asked.

Last edited:

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you take one of our Ultra's and put our screen protector on it we believe it's better than the otterbox.

The screen protector is shatter resistant. The case provides maximum protection. And it weighs an ounce so you're not covering up your nice new light phone.

We use superior materials.

Watch this video review and you will understand - [video=youtube;x4UT8k_Lj5M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4UT8k_Lj5M&feature=player_embedded[/video]

WhatAboutBob

Reaction score
So I do the minimal case (the Thin Grip) and the maximum case (the Ultra). The Ultra weighs the same as the TPU cases but gives way more protection since we cover it with high grade polycarbonate. Of course it's more expensive.

If anyone wants to try mine you can use the code Olympics to get 20% off.

Code is not valid - what's up with that?

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Code is not valid - what's up with that?

That post is over a month old, so just like with promo codes on any site, as time passes, it's likely that the promo code becomes invalid.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score

WhatAboutBob

Reaction score

BGavnG

Reaction score
Great - we've sold alot of the Ultra's no bad reviews at all. I assume you used Amazon?

Sorry for the delayed response. I had a unique situation that required I take some time with the case before I was able to use the screen protector.

To answer your question, I ordered directly from dbacases. If you'd like the review on Amazon I'll be glad to oblige.

When I ordered the Ultra and JLG protector I had just dropped my phone a few days before and the screen had a nice shatter on the corner and some cracks all the way down the phone. Surely I wasn't going to put a screen protector on a phone that was already damaged so I had to wait till I could get a replacement on Insurance. The replacement came in this past Friday.

FWIW I've never owned a case on a phone. I've always felt like they took away from the "beauty" of the screens that phones have these days. So I've used nothing but clips and holsters on my phones and have NEVER dropped a phone that broke the screen. That is until I dropped my week old S3 a foot to the ground while sitting in a chair.

Ultra Case
Take my "experience" with cases for what it is since this is my first ever. But IMO if you want a slender profile with some great protection then this is a good choice. My boss has the Otterbox defender in which I took a look at and I think I made the right choice. Even though the case is somewhat similar it adds a level of difficulty when using the side buttons of the phone. The grip on the sides of the Ultra is also very helpful.
I docked .25 for two reasons. In my original phone the case was snug except for the upper left side. To the point where if I grabbed the phone on that side the case would move some. However on my replacement phone there isn't nearly as much give if any at all. The other dock of .25 comes from no clip/holster. Granted that is a personal preference.

Just Like Glass Protector
As I stated above I wasn't going to place this protector on a broken screen. I knew I was going to replace the phone via insurance and wasn't going to waste $10 on a protector. So it sat in a box for a month+. My replacement arrived this past Friday and the first thing I did was add the screen protector. As you know when you buy a new phone they come with the peel off plastic to protect the screen. So I planned on moving that plastic off and immediately placing the JLG on. I followed directions to a T and even watched a couple of YouTube videos to make sure I did the best I could.
The name of the protector nails it. It feels 'Just Like Glass' and is VERY smooth. Transitions from one screen to another seem effortless. Smudges were also something I was worried about but they aren't nearly the problem they were on the stock screen protector VZW sells (was one on my original phone). But I docked two points for the amount of air/bubbles that still reside under the protector and a edge that just WON'T allow the air to escape. I'll gladly bump up the rating if the air does leave but it has been on for over 72 hours with no change so I have my doubts. I really feel like the protector could be great (zero scratches on the protector itself so far) but unfortunately for me it's not boding well at the moment. I may even see if dba would be so kind as to replace.

If anyone has questions, feel free to ask

thanks,