good case galaxy s3

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I'm using the Flexible TPU Diztronic case and I love it! It has a nice matte look and feel and while it is flexible, it doesn't a finish that makes it difficult to remove from your pocket. The rim around the screen is harder plastic to make it sturdy

Agreed. The cases made by Diztronic are fantastic. I can't recommend them enough. I've had one for my Galaxy Nexus and my RAZR MAXX, and I already have one for my S3 that will arrive next week. I used to hate TPU cases, but the matte Diztronic ones are a completely different beast. They're very nice, and add little bulk to the device. I've used all different kinds of cases over the years, and these have been my favorites so far.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
i have a speck candyshell on mine, feels like itll protect to my liking and looks amazing.
View attachment 52656

*update one day later and the case is covered with hair line scratches, not too noticeable unless you are examining it under a light.

The Speck CandyShell cases are very nice. They have a great feel and offer good protection in a thin case. I had one on an iPod Touch as well as on the iPhone 4S. But they do get all scratched up in no time. Expect to see far more scratches before long that will be noticeable under pretty much any light. The scratches never really bothered me, but for people that get annoyed by them, they may want to skip the CandyShell. If you don't mind them, it's a great option.

bikrgran

Reaction score
I've been trying to find a belt holster that has the phone on it's side but can't seem to find anything big enough. Anybody else find one? Would prefer it to have loops on the back and not just a clip.
I wear my phone, too, because I'm hearing impaired, and feel the vibration. Not particular if it's vertical or horizontal, but do need a clip, and would like something that protects, as well. Right now, I'm still using my Cellet that I got for my Droid X, and it's still like new, after 2 yrs. It fits, but is a little short for the S3. If anyone has a solution with a clip, I'd also like to know. Thanks!

bikrgran

Reaction score
I haven't completed reading yet, but when I got my Droid X, I got a holster with a magnet flap. It caused all sorts of problems. Has anyone found this to be still true. There are a LOT of magnets out there.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Agreed. The cases made by Diztronic are fantastic. I can't recommend them enough. I've had one for my Galaxy Nexus and my RAZR MAXX, and I already have one for my S3 that will arrive next week. I used to hate TPU cases, but the matte Diztronic ones are a completely different beast. They're very nice, and add little bulk to the device. I've used all different kinds of cases over the years, and these have been my favorites so far.

Diztronics TPU cases are awesome. Add just enough protection without being bulky. Give front protection around the screen and are just grippy enough without being tacky. I will say that the gloss finish ones are a little more grippy than the matte finish.

And to the OP be sure to check out this thread for a few case choices.

Master list of Samsung Galaxy SIII Accessories

Bmansell33

Reaction score
Does the commuter case cover the screen like thedefender? I want a case that protects everything witout bulk

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Does the commuter case cover the screen like thedefender? I want a case that protects everything witout bulk

No, there's not a built in screen cover with the Commuter. It comes with a traditional screen protector.

Bishang

Reaction score
I'm using the white Incipio case that Verizon sells. Pretty much like an Otterbox Commuter case, but not lol. I like it.

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
I haven't completed reading yet, but when I got my Droid X, I got a holster with a magnet flap. It caused all sorts of problems. Has anyone found this to be still true. There are a LOT of magnets out there.

I too am looking at a magnet flip case. Are magnets a possible problem?

BamBammm

Reaction score

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
I am looking for a solution to dropping the slick phone.The otter box looks like it adds quite a bit of size to the already large phone. I am looking for a case that adds the minimum amount of size. I was looking at the PixelSkinHD, or the Rock Quicksand case. Has anyone had any experience with either. I have never had a case on my Rezound, but the thinness and slipperyness of the S3 makes me think i will need a case or something.
I was also considering the Samsung i9300 Galaxy S III Black battery cover with black leather insert, Cellular Accessories - SonyEricsson, NEC, Motorola, Nokia, Panasonic, Sanyo and Samsung. Quality housing, keypads, LCD screens, chargers, batteries, data cables, parts.
My main aim is to keep the phone from slipping out of sweaty hands.
What is the thinnest case anyone has used?

chris215

Reaction score
I received my Ballistic SG case today that I ordered through DayDeal.com. The case is very nice with a good feel to it. I suspect it adds as much bulk as an Otterbox would but I should say that I have never owned one (an OB) before. The Ballistic case will clearly protect my S3 very well.

http://www.daydeal.com/product.php?productid=70219

Last edited:

Dizzo1992

Reaction score

I really like that white one! But I don't think it's available for order yet. Also I am worried about it being too bulky so I'm not sure. Right now I'm using a silicone rubber case but it's kinda slick. I'm not sure what I wanna do buy I do like the look of the white and Grey otter box.

BamBammm

Reaction score
I really like that white one! But I don't think it's available for order yet. Also I am worried about it being too bulky so I'm not sure. Right now I'm using a silicone rubber case but it's kinda slick. I'm not sure what I wanna do buy I do like the look of the white and Grey otter box.

Yeah Otterbox is pretty bulky, the Commuter is less bulky than the Defender, you can slip the Commuter in and out of your pocket unlike the Defender, its available for order now. http://amzn.to/OalBhP