Good Band Thread

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Let's at least keep it in the 21st Century. K? ;)

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Let's at least keep it in the 21st Century. K? ;)

I will keep posting what I have been posting. they are good bands and they are within the original rules. and as I already stated, they could be new bands to someone here. Just because I reminisce a bit is no different than what others say in their postings. One more thing, have you never listened to an older song you never heard before and want more of the same from the same band or musician?

I do not appreciate you calling me out in the open. You could have said something via pm. but since you did it in the open, I replied in the open.

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
And then the whole Forum came to a skreeching, grinding halt.

If we can't agree on what this thread is supposed to be, and what the original purpose was for, why not ask an Admin to close it? We had some fun, we shared some new & obscure music over the years. But maybe it has served it's purpose and it's time to go out to pasture?

We already have threads for Favorite You Tube videos and Funny You Tube videos, Random You Tube videos, etc. We could post our videos in those threads, and close this one?

It's just a thought.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I did not "call you out". I started this thread wanting to help others, and myself, find newER music. Good bands. Not Easter Tunes or...the Shaving Cream song? That was clearly what this thread was intended to be. Not the music of my youth. Not ....the Shaving Cream Song? Come on man....

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
okay, lets faced it you just don't like my music choices. Benny Bell wrote the saving cream song and paul wynn (real name Phil Winston) sung it. it was not the only song they done. they done a lot of other good songs that someone here might be interested in. as far as my comments, no different than some of your comments in past postings in this thread.

I guess this thread is only for music you like and you don't want any other posted. I thought you were better than this but is seems you are not. this is my last comment over your inability to accept other music.

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Thanks Wadman for keeping us on point. I don't have speakers so I can't listen to it right now. :D

No Sajo, closing this thread is not a good idea.

Oh, I bet it's not your last post on this, bud.
you just don't like my music choices.
Not totally true, but not anywhere near the point: I certainly haven't liked everything in here.

Benny Bell wrote the saving cream song
Did anyone click on that Shaving Cream song to listen to it?
Did anyone then go seek out Benny Bell tunes? I'm guessing not. :D (/Not meant to be mean... I feel I must explain things better now... but true I am guessing)

I guess this thread is only for music you like and you don't want any other posted.
Well now that we have an understanding. :D (/joke: explaining things since you do NOT know me apparently.)

I thought you were better than this but is seems you are not.
I hardly called you out.
"You're doing it wrong". That's supposed to be a funny. THIS is calling you out, with a dose of humor added:
"Come on man, R freaking Kelly? Really? You can't be serious? The 80's called. They want YOU back. Dude... enough of the 80's music. Do you own any music released in the last 2 DECADES?!?! I believe I can fly? Shoot me now. Even if I did like that song... I'd never admit in public. Better man then me. (And NO I don't like that song)."
/Calling out over
You are taking this to hard. You SHOULD know me better then that. We ARE 'friends' here. Don't get pissed. \
this is my last comment over your inability to accept other music.
Does that mean no more 80's songs? SWEET. (/pretty please.... :D)
Other then the Shaving Cream Song, I am still waiting for you to post NEW music. Here's the sad part: I like some of the stuff you posted. But I just can't listen to the music I grew up with anymore. I can almost guarantee anyone under the age of 40 that stumbles in here isn't going to be interested in that either.
I don't understand how people get stuck in the decades they grew up in. (/Not solely directed at you, many of my peers are like this)
There is STILL GOOD NEW MUSIC OUT THERE. TURN ME ONTO IT. TURN SOMEONE ONTO IT. MAYBE I CAN TURN YOU ONTO IT.
THAT IS THE POINT OF THIS THREAD! The <3 of it.

This is not the rando music thread. Not the "Here's one that brings back memories..." thread.
There are other threads for that as Sajo pointed out.

Love ya' man. :D
I will reply to anything you have to say because I respect you and that's what friends do.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Brother... you're doing it wrong.
This isn't the "Let's Reminisce Thread".
This is the "Let's try and turn each other onto some new bands" thread.

I will keep posting what I have been posting. they are good bands and they are within the original rules. and as I already stated, they could be new bands to someone here. Just because I reminisce a bit is no different than what others say in their postings. One more thing, have you never listened to an older song you never heard before and want more of the same from the same band or musician?

Maybe the solution is to rename the thread. "Good Band Thread" is very general and also very subjective cuz what I like might not be what others like. There also have been many (myself included) that have posted music that is older than 20-30 years old. And because this forum has members as young as 18 and as old as over 60, there is going to be a very wide range of interest.

Maybe change the rules. The intention was that it should be music/artists that are not well known. That can span decades. But maybe add the rule that it can't be music that is considered top 40. Pretty much, if it was ever in the top 40, most everyone has heard it... probably a million times.

Just my thoughts...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
It originally started as the "Obscure Band Thread". Then someone posted something that was from a known band but kind of an obscure tune and at the same time the thread was dying off, so that's when we went to "Good Band Thread" to get more interest.
But your idea isn't bad.
If it was ever on the TOP TEN BILLBOARD CHART it don't belong here. :D

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Yes, I remember it was the "Obscure Band Thread." Maybe change it the "Obscure Music Thread" with one of the rules being no top 40.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Obscure; "of little or no prominence, note, fame or distinction." Given top 40 music is well known, receives a lot of recognition, and/or becomes famous, it would not be considered obscure. And I admit, I posted a song that was #1 on the charts.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
as I said any music could be considered obscure. something popular years ago may not been heard or even know about by todays audience.

IMO, just leave the thread as is, any music instead of only music a certain member likes.