Egrd 3 in 1 Headphone Review

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-He...r_mobile_desktop?ie=UTF8&psc=1&ref_=yo_ii_img
When I got these they were in sale for $15.99 , why I took the chance.
Pretty typical of low priced ones as far as looks and feel go. They are over the ear, behind the neck banded but they're grippier than others I've owned in that they stay where I put them and no sliding around at all even though they have the usual foam padding on the speakers. The band is rubbery/pleather feeling with something inside that forces them to stay in shape, thus the snug fit. Where it crosses the top of my ear gets a little uncomfortable after a while due to the fit. That might or not pass, depending on how often I use them.
Buttons are easy to find and written nicely with little effort. The call answer/end, power on/off in the center with volume/track/station up on top and down on the bottom. Play/pause is at the front and Mode at the back. They fold up to almost nothing, easily fitting in a pocket of regular pants.
What does it mean "3 in 1"?
First the Bluetooth.
. When I power them up they default to Bluetooth and connect super fast and Power Amp starts up in under 5 seconds. Sound quality is determined by the eq settings but at flat the bass isn't booming, more subtle on songs like Hot Dog Live by the Grayboy Allstars. To use this song again, the saxophone sounds real but a smidge nasally like the mids need to be tweaked down a smidge but guitars sound natural. Symbols are crisp and bright but not harsh. Keyboards sound, again bright and snappy. The drums sound great, wood block and cow bell sound a smidge nasally much like the sax. Stereo separation is phenomenal, again the BT4.1 really shines here life a good pair of corded headphones.
FM radio.
A real radio and not some streaming of my favorite stations. I let it search for stations And it found about a dozen, which is unusual for something without an external antenna in my man cave. My local favorite, Klove, had quite a bit of static down in my den but it's a weaker station and did fine on middle and upper levels of my house. Sound quality is typical for fm radio and will more than suffice for me.
Independent music player.
I bought a 16GB card for about $5 when I got the unit and copied some music from my phone to it using an otg cable. Music played in the same order as I copied it. There's no shuffle or any of that stuff but that's fine. I just copied over a playlist I use. There's no eq, bass or treble adjustments but I really didn't feel like that's going to be a problem. I'll use Limitless by Colton Dixon and some Rippingtons Live songs as examples and the sound is basically the same as the Bluetooth I described above except things sound more natural that are nasally on BT and the bass lacks a bit of punch but is there. Like it cuts of frequencies around 50, you can hear the bass drums but not so much feel the oomph, which was prevalent in Who I Am by Blanca, it kinda takes away from the song itself though her voice and violin parts are still as beautiful. I'll load more songs at some point but that gave me a general idea of the sound quality.
Volume is LOUD especially for over the ear and these seem to not be "hear though" but instead are like wearing hearing protection, even at low volumes. My first phone call was to see if I've got any trials next week (jury duty) and it was like "holy cow I need to turn these things WAY DOWN" at mid volume when the auto message started to play, by far the loudest Bluetooth conversation I've ever had coming in.
Time will tell how accurate the battery lives are for different uses in my world but reviews seem to be pretty close to stated times. They're nowhere near my best sounding headphones but what they other in an fm radio and standalone music player are going to make these something I use often.
They claim sweatproof but the micro sd slot and charging port have no cover so I don't see me wearing them around water that much. I don't see that open ports status being a good thing for working out at the gym, for you that do that sort of thing, either.
They're well worth the money I paid , imo, but I'd not keep them at the original price of $50 since I have a plethora of Bluetooth headphones already and I get along fine without fm radio And standalone music player at any given time but those 2 features are why I'm keeping them at the same time.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh I forgot. When using as a music player or fm radio if the device is in range of the phone, calls pause the radio/music player and you can still answer and talk, just like any regular Bluetooth headphones. Like right now I'm using the player but it shows as connected to my phone for calls. Turn it to Bluetooth and it changes to connected and media/phone calls . That's gonna be great when my phone is home, I'm using the headphones for fm and I get a phone call that is forwarded to my watch since I've paired it to my watch as well as phone.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've been using them as am mp3 player at work and they're lasting beyond the 8.5 hour shift and I charge them each night. Fm didn't work so well inside the steel building but no radio frequencies of any kind seem to get in most of the building.
My only gripe is the on/off button is too easy to turn them on when in my pocket.
Comfort got "forget they're on" after the first day.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><