Going to test drive DINC today - what to look for?

StinkyPete

Reaction score
Going out with the wife to test drive the DINC today. Anything we should look for in particular? Really looking for:

1. What you thought you would like, but didn't after you used it for a while.
2. What you wish you knew before you got it?
3. What are the best features that differentiate the phone?

Thanks.... she is upgrading from an ENV2 so it is a night and day difference from her current phone.

khw1959

Reaction score
I went from an ENV2 to a Dinc myself. The HARDEST thing for me was becoming smarter than the smartphone. What essentially you have in your hand is a tiny laptop computer. (or small tablet nowadays). It takes time with it in your hand playing with it to learn it's capabilities. Also, as with any computer, the learning of what software is available and it's function is a must. It took me two weeks of playing with it and READING internet sites to be confident with it. And I am tech and computer savy. And maybe that was my problem as I had to un-learn some habits.

Things I like:
Playing with the internet
Maps, satellite views, GPS, latitude, traffic, shopping near me(luv me coffee)
messaging with speech to txt.

I can go on. I am now disabled with no hearing and very numb hands. This phone and it's capabilities has been a godsend to me. for maintaining a relationship to the family.
But if you get a Dinc GET a better battery.

CursedArmand

Reaction score
I went from an ENV2 to a Dinc myself. The HARDEST thing for me was becoming smarter than the smartphone. What essentially you have in your hand is a tiny laptop computer. (or small tablet nowadays). It takes time with it in your hand playing with it to learn it's capabilities.

That's no joke! I spent so much time researching Android on my own over the last 2yrs it's insane. If you are new to Android learn to love Google. Get a Gmail account, set up the Calendar (on your PC), try out Picasa for pictures (you can edit/upload photos directly in Picasa), and the Android Market website.

1. This is my 2nd android phone (had the Eris) so I'm experienced a bit. I absolutely DON'T use my phone for music at all. I thought with the extra 8GB storage I would keep albums, but I never listen to music because it kills the battery and seems like such a waste. If I had the iPhone it would be the same issue. Not big on games, either, but I do play a few. Even purchased Amtalee (puzzle game)

2. I wish I'd known that the phone would be laggy. I say this because any device lags, but I use a lot of customization, so occasionally items want to Force Close (you'll see FC on the boards a lot). I could remedy this by not complicating the home screen design AND not using my sweet live wallpaper, but chicks dig it.

3. Complete and total customization. Seriously, if you can think of something you want it to do, there's a way or someone is working on it. When I rooted my Eris and unlocked USB tethering I thought it was a message from God.

coldhardtruth

Reaction score
Make sure you get the AMOLED incredible. SLCD is garbage in comparison.

Root the phone to unlock its true capabilities.

Sent from my GB Incredible

kenbiz

Reaction score
Never had a problem with the phone lagging. Live wall papers work perfectly fine as well. I listen to music all the time using Poweramp and battery lasts pretty long. A lot longer than say using the internet. Listened for over an hour and only lost 10 percent power so not to bad.