Is it worth Getting a DInc at this point in time?

pyro6128

Reaction score
So if the Droid Incredible is discontinued, how does that effect those of us that just recently purchased one and will have it for nearly a year (at least)? :)

You won't get updates most likely, and it may be a tad harder to get a warranty replacement or something, other than that it shouldn't be a problem for you.

mauiblue

Reaction score
The things i'm doing with my HTC Incredible (email, text, surfing the web, phone calls, photos, video, some Facebook posts, popular games like Angry Birds) I don't need anything else but this phone to do it all.

I could flash a new kernel to overclock but then battery life would suffer and I don't think I need to overclock to do the majority of things I mentioned I normally do with my Incredible. The new dual core phones are nice but do I need it at the moment? Nope! I've only had this phone for half a year this month and i'm making sure I get my money's worth out of this sucker <grin>. The devs seems still motivated in tweaking their custom ROMs and kernels and I'm still motivated in flashing their inventedness on to my rooted phone just as long things stay up to date and is better than stock.

HTC Thunderbolt looks like a hot ticket for me if/when I do upgrade but my priorities will be the abilities to root, better battery performance, beautiful display, and having an Otterbox Defender series case readily available upon the phone's release for sale. I guss I can keep dreaming. But for now, my Incredible does all right by me and it will for at least the first half of the year.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

SeeEss

Reaction score
So if the Droid Incredible is discontinued, how does that effect those of us that just recently purchased one and will have it for nearly a year (at least)? :)

You won't get updates most likely, and it may be a tad harder to get a warranty replacement or something, other than that it shouldn't be a problem for you.

So if, for example, my Incredible just totally crashes or quits working or whatever, and it is under warranty, Verizon would be obligated to replace the phone. What would they do? Give me something comparable or give me a used Incredible which would probably mean they would be giving me someone elses problem phone.

I still love the Incredible but it irks me that I was not told upon purchase that it was about to be discontinued. I've only had it a very short time.

Reaction score
i got the htc incredible last month after i couldn't deal with the htc eris anymore, such a good upgrade. compared to the phones that will be coming out this year the incredible is outdated... it's 3g, 3.7 screen, can't do voice calls and data at the same time and isn't dual core. if you are happy with 3g speeds/prices go with the htc incredible. if you want something similiar to the incredible but something faster with better capabilities go with the htc thunderbolt that's coming in march (supposedly). you can always get the incredible with the upgrade that you have and then depending on what kind of plan you have do an alternate upgrade so you can get a different phone (like the thunderbolt) when you see something that you really like. if you do get the incredible you'll like it... i had a few doubts before i got it but i've been happy with my choice since i got it.

pyro6128

Reaction score

So if, for example, my Incredible just totally crashes or quits working or whatever, and it is under warranty, Verizon would be obligated to replace the phone. What would they do? Give me something comparable or give me a used Incredible which would probably mean they would be giving me someone elses problem phone.

I still love the Incredible but it irks me that I was not told upon purchase that it was about to be discontinued. I've only had it a very short time.

Yea in all likelyhood you will probably get a refurbished phone, but that's usually the case with replacements unless you make a big deal. But with a discontinued phone you're pretty much guaranteed a refurb

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

SolidSnakeUS

Reaction score
Someone mentioned that by April/May the Dinc2 will be out (rumor) and if this is true, should I just wait for that? Especially if I don't want 3G and they aren't 4G?

JMac24

Reaction score
Someone mentioned that by April/May the Dinc2 will be out (rumor) and if this is true, should I just wait for that? Especially if I don't want 3G and they aren't 4G?

The only Dinc2 rumor I heard is the Thunderbolt which isn't a rumor...... 4.3 screen and 4g should see it soon. I keep bringing up the 4.3. So big. I hope that more companies come out with the 3.5-4 inch screens. 4 is too big but I will deal with it.

sawdustr

Reaction score
Incredible

If you just can't wait for the new phones, I went to WalMart and got the INC for $29 using my upgrade.

Alchemist945

Reaction score
The dinc is a lot better of a phone then the Droid 2 my wife has a Droid 2 and has went through 2 of them and it has a low memory problem I got more running on my dinc then her d2 and mine never locks up hers all ways locks up and she has to pull the battery at least twice a day

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
The dinc is a lot better of a phone then the Droid 2 my wife has a Droid 2 and has went through 2 of them and it has a low memory problem I got more running on my dinc then her d2 and mine never locks up hers all ways locks up and she has to pull the battery at least twice a day

The Droid 2 is made by MOTOROLA. Explains a lot in my opinion... Though the X was pretty sweet.

Alchemist945

Reaction score
Yeah the x is nice with some stuff

The_Sithness420

Reaction score
Thunderbolt is "due" late Feb early March but according to my sources that's a fairly loose time frame but in any case wait for that bolt. Any network capable of pushing 80 mbs is worth a couple months. No unltd data with lte though :(

moniej

Reaction score
I got my Dinc from Best buy for a dollar but idk if the deal is every bb store

Sent from under your bed

SinCitySRT4

Reaction score
I seen best buy has it for free and I wonder for how long. I was thinking of picking up an incredible myself next month. My wife wants my Droid and I want the incredible while I wait and see what comes out down the line. We both have upgrades but she doesn't want to use hers on anything that's out now and plus she's never had a smart phone so she wants to ease her self in with the Droid.

Sent from my Droid