Going Maxx'ed out on 2 for 1 deal!

coolbreeze704

Reaction score
After going through 2 Galaxy Nexus in 10 days I decided as much as I loved that phone and ICS , I couldn't deal with the horrible signal strength and lack of my favorite app , NFL Mobile, so I decided the next phone of choice was the Maxx. Although out of stock in my local Corperate store, I was able to get one by calling in. Matter of fact I got 2 for the price of one. I had to add a line and commit 240 dollars to 2 years of $10 payments for the line, but Ebay sales for Maxx is running 550 to 700 dollars right now, so I should get 590 minimum which pays for the V commitment and my new phone. So if all works well I land an excellent phone for little if nothing in cost. Very excited. Looking forward to getting to know this device.
Interesting thing is I had to convince the sales rep on the phone that the 2 for one was good for the Maxx. He thought it was for Razr only. After checking with his supervisor he found out it was good for Maxx also. .
Phones gets here Wednesday, so if anyone can think of a reason this is a mistake to do this please let me know now, so I can back out.
Thanks

Last edited:

doggy2965

Reaction score
Turned in my Nexus for same reason MAXX is a much better phone mostly because of signal strength but this battery is awesome too.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
coolbreeze704

coolbreeze704

Reaction score
Turned in my Nexus for same reason MAXX is a much better phone mostly because of signal strength but this battery is awesome too.

Didn't it kill you though that you couldn't keep it? I am sure I will love the Maxx, but I really had a hard time dealing with giving the GNex up. Felt so good in your hand and was really smooth and ICS was everything I hoped for. Seems though that everyone is pretty happy with Maxx's 2.3.6.

doggy2965

Reaction score
Using Go launcher with ICS theme works great

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
After going through 2 Galaxy Nexus in 10 days I decided as much as I loved that phone and ICS , I couldn't deal with the horrible signal strength and lack of my favorite app , NFL Mobile, so I decided the next phone of choice was the Maxx.
concerning nfl mobile, it works just fine. I watched superbowl on my nexus via that app.

anhanymouse

Reaction score
So they didn't make you add on another data plan on the second line?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

OP
coolbreeze704

coolbreeze704

Reaction score
concerning nfl mobile, it works just fine. I watched superbowl on my nexus via that app.

When I try to download it from the market it start the download then stops and gives me a error message letting me know that the ap is not compatible with my phone.

OP
coolbreeze704

coolbreeze704

Reaction score
So they didn't make you add on another data plan on the second line?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

If I kept the phone I would have to. I told the salesman I was going to sell it and he told me to get a feature phone and I would not have to have a data plan on that line.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
When I try to download it from the market it start the download then stops and gives me a error message letting me know that the ap is not compatible with my phone.
Weird. Here it is installed on my phone straight from market
a6f965b6-4e3f-5c9f.jpg

OP
coolbreeze704

coolbreeze704

Reaction score
Well, just shows how buggy this phone is. Based on your post I tried downloading it again on my soon to be gone GN and sure enough, tonight , it downloaded and works fine. Thanks for posting this.

Weird. Here it is installed on my phone straight from market
a6f965b6-4e3f-5c9f.jpg

megaman33

Reaction score
If I kept the phone I would have to. I told the salesman I was going to sell it and he told me to get a feature phone and I would not have to have a data plan on that line.

Isn't it a wonderful thing when sales representatives actually try to offer products and services that will be to your benefit, as opposed to pushing you to buy unnecessary and often useless products that they are sometimes required to "up sell" you on. I would imagine you have the phones now, how are they working out for you and would you recommend them to others?

OP
coolbreeze704

coolbreeze704

Reaction score
Isn't it a wonderful thing when sales representatives actually try to offer products and services that will be to your benefit, as opposed to pushing you to buy unnecessary and often useless products that they are sometimes required to "up sell" you on. I would imagine you have the phones now, how are they working out for you and would you recommend them to others?

Without a doubt this is a great phone. I would highly recommend it. Thought I would want a Samsung Galaxy Note or one of the Quadcores coming out, but this phone works so well and the battery life using Smart Actions is stunning. I can go 50 straight hours run time without a charge. It is quick and reliable. The signal is much stronger then my previous phones specially the GNex. Very happy.