Decided to go with Razr over Gnex...now whose got the best deal...should I wait longe

Yngwie77

Reaction score
Thought I was definitely going to get the Gnex when it came out but find myself wanting the Razr instead....I get my $50 new every 2 discount plus a 19% discount for being a NYC Employee so I assume going through Verizon is my cheapest option unless someone has heard of an upcoming Razr sale....should I wait a few weeks though...how soon does everyone think it'll be until its discounted. Also, anyone think I should tough it out until Razr Maxx...I waited this long already and my Droid X isn't the worst phone in the world....opinions?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Thought I was definitely going to get the Gnex when it came out but find myself wanting the Razr instead....I get my $50 new every 2 discount plus a 19% discount for being a NYC Employee so I assume going through Verizon is my cheapest option unless someone has heard of an upcoming Razr sale....should I wait a few weeks though...how soon does everyone think it'll be until its discounted. Also, anyone think I should tough it out until Razr Maxx...I waited this long already and my Droid X isn't the worst phone in the world....opinions?

Got one through Amazon for a pretty Penny during black Friday week! There may be other sales like that one again. I believe one of the big box stores also ran a similar sale. Hope you find one!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

baldybill

Reaction score
A Verizon employee that I trust said they won't drop their prices until February.

Sent from my OG Droid

dillont

Reaction score
I would think that going through verizon will probably be your cheapest option right now with your discounts. Sales like amazons penny sales are only for people who are don't already have Verizon so those wouldn't do yo any good. I agree that you prob won't see verizon discount razr anytime soon. The phone has barely been out more than a month. Icame from a DX to the Razr and have been extremely happy with my decision and have not wished that I would have waited for the Gnex at all. The razr maxx does look really sweet, but who knows when we will see that on Verizon so it is up to you if you want to wait that out.