Going from Liberty GB to CM7

John Gi

Reaction score
ok gonna try this out, if i understand the last part, after i flash the cm7build 7, i boot the phone nd use rom manager to instal the lastest nightly?

steelhart1

Reaction score
Yeah. Just make sure that you don't restore any apps or system data from Titanium or MyBackup, or you will get a bunch of FCs on system processes.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah. Just make sure that you don't restore any apps or system data from Titanium or MyBackup, or you will get a bunch of FCs on system processes.

I use tb for my apps and I always stress its generally when people install system apps and data that cause the problems..Beware of the system apps! Thanks just thought I would add this..

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

John Gi

Reaction score
So I can't restore any apps?
Or just the system ones?

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
So I can't restore any apps?
Or just the system ones?

I restore my apps with titanium pro..But I do not restore system apps.. and I know I did restore droid forums app and it said system app but went just fine.. avoid system apps!! You shouldn't need them anyway..

I do restore all other apps I need..:)

steelhart1

Reaction score
Yup! No System App restoration. ESPECIALLY when going from one ROM to another. ;)

C_BlazE

Reaction score
Forces closes can be fixed (sometimes) by Fixing Permissions after restoring apps. I have bounced back and forth from Apex Liberty and now CM and have always restored apps with data. reboot in to CWM recovery/fixes permissions (much faster then while the system is live ie. using rom manager.)/reboot/and then clear market data.

If anyone is brave... lol