Recovering from CM7 question

ksalce

Reaction score
Im about to try out the new CM7 beta for the droid 2. I backed up my current liberty rom in clockwork and now im about to sbf and then flash the CM7 zip file. My question is if i want to restore my backup of Liberty GB, do i have to sbf back to stock again and flash the rooted monster gb file first then restore my backup or can i just sbf to stock then restore my backup? I hope my explanation isnt to confusing to what im trying to say lol. Im hoping someone can help me out. Thanks.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
The two ROMs use different Kernels (CM7 boots off the Froyo kernel) so I believe you would have to SBF back to stock, add monster, and then do your restore.

But once you've tried CM7 you won't want to go back... ;-)

I do miss a few things from Blur...the Social Networking widget, the snapping to each letter as you scroll in Blur contacts, and battery management. Other than that, CM7 wins hands down...

OP
K

ksalce

Reaction score
The two ROMs use different Kernels (CM7 boots off the Froyo kernel) so I believe you would have to SBF back to stock, add monster, and then do your restore.

But once you've tried CM7 you won't want to go back... ;-)

I do miss a few things from Blur...the Social Networking widget, the snapping to each letter as you scroll in Blur contacts, and battery management. Other than that, CM7 wins hands down...

Im absolutely loving CM7. The only thing I miss is the gingercomb juiced theme for Liberty 0.8 and the blur dialer. Other than that this is awesome :).

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
There are a lot of themes and they are very easy to apply w/the included Theme Chooser app - search the market for cyanogenmod themes...

There are issues w/themes sticking after a boot in the current builds, however.