Go Launcher EX....choppy page transitions

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I like Apex Launcher better than Nova on ICS, but I am actually using Sense 3.6 now myself too

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think Go and Adw run differently depending on which processor your phone has. On my Bionic nothing beat ADW Ex, Go was laggy. On my Rezound, Adw runs laggy and Go runs better. It could be a strange occurrence though.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Just wanted to chime in here, but my Rezound also had the occasional chop to it. I use no animations, speed is at at the absolute max and I have 0 elasticity. A new update was released this past week, and it has made ALL the difference. In the what's new part it mentions one fix was for screen transition speed. Definitely noticeable. Throwing it out there.

OP
RezoundHound

RezoundHound

Reaction score
Just wanted to chime in here, but my Rezound also had the occasional chop to it. I use no animations, speed is at at the absolute max and I have 0 elasticity. A new update was released this past week, and it has made ALL the difference. In the what's new part it mentions one fix was for screen transition speed. Definitely noticeable. Throwing it out there.

Yes, I did notice a subtle improvement with the latest update. What animations are you referring to? What does the "elasticity" do?

RH

dolpns13

Reaction score
I've only used launcher pro. First with my droid and now with my rezound. Is go launcher better, faster, smoother? I know about the different transitions with go launcher. Speed is the most important factor for me

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

OP
RezoundHound

RezoundHound

Reaction score
Personally, I only have experience with Go Launcher EX, so I have to reference for comparison. Maybe others can comment on how it compares to Launcher Pro. From what I've heard, Go Launcher EX has the best selection of themes, but Launcher Pro has better widgets. If anyone has tried both on the Rezound, please comment on the performance differences.

RH

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I was referring to the various page transition animations, I forgot the names. It's under effects settings in the preferences I believe. Elasticity is that little bounce back when you go to a new screen. Personally I don't like it, which is one thing I love about GoLauncher since I can just turn it off completely.

Last edited:

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have used launcher pro, adw, and go launcher on the Rezound. Launcher pro runs the smoothest and fastest for me, but doesn't have all the options I am looking for and hasn't been updated since last May I believe. Adw ran good on other phones for me but it doesn't on my Rezound. I am using go launcher currently and it seems ok. I may give lpp another shot though.

Sent from my Rezound

ambrown

Reaction score
I've been using Go Launcher EX for a couple of months now and, wow, the performance is head and shoulders above the stock launcher. My animations are very smooth no matter which ones I'm using, but I don't like cube, cylinder, out the really funky ones. I just stick to the default, and I think it just looks nicer, not all frenzied. But that's just more my style.

My suggestion would be to give feedback to the developer to let them know that you're having an issue. After all, when an update gets pushed out that has bug fixes "for these select devices" they only knew about those bugs because someone reported it to them.

Sent from my Droid Incredible on 2.3.4 using the DroidForums app

OP
RezoundHound

RezoundHound

Reaction score
Contacted Go Launcher

My suggestion would be to give feedback to the developer to let them know that you're having an issue. After all, when an update gets pushed out that has bug fixes "for these select devices" they only knew about those bugs because someone reported it to them.

Just emailed the developer to advise them of this issue. I'd planned on doing that all along. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't some setting I'd overlooked.

I don't particularly want to use the "default" screen transitions only. For me, that kind of defeats part of the reason for having a custom launcher in the first place. That and the custom grid sizes are its main appeal. I like being able to customize everything, but those are my two favorite features. Besides, screen transitions in the app drawer (horizontal) as super fast and silky smooth. It's my belief they were intended to be that way with the home screens as well.

Thanks to everyone for their input!

RH

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
For me, lag is only really noticeable when I put it to the test...like flipping through the screens 20 times. If I just use it normally, even with animations, only going over a few screens at a time when I need to or using the far view, it's hardly even noticeable. The app drawer however is definitely INFINITELY smoother than before. Even the first time loading it after a reboot or a long period of inactivity, instantly lag free. It's great. I love Go Launcher. I also love how there's ONLY a free version. Whatever is on it is what you get, no worry about ads or missing features.

OP
RezoundHound

RezoundHound

Reaction score
I've been experimenting with different settings. I've found that a screen transition speed of "25" with "0" elasticity provides the smoothest transitions. It still has a little stutter sometimes and is no where near as smooth as horizontal page transitions in the app drawer, but it's tolerable. "Sphere" and "Cylinder" are still not usable. I guess I'll have to live with that until they come up with a fix.

RH

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Wanted to give this thread another update, but I've been testing out the newest update over the past 2 days or so, and I gotta say, HUGE improvement. Not quite perfect, but undeniably better. And I only notice the lag when flipping through at least 4-5 screens non stop and most of my screens are FULL of widgets of all kind. Now that the app drawer lag is also gone, I love GoLauncher more than ever before.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I used GL with my dinc 2 and it was smooth as can be with the exception of the first movement. I just got my Rezound yesterday and the first thing I downloaded was GL. I was really disappointed with the choppy screen transitions and I thought it was my phone until I found this thread. I'm going to try some of your suggestions. Thanks guys.

Sent from my Rezound