Gmail Sync

agreco60

Reaction score
Can anybody tell me if this can be done...I have a corporate account and my gmail account on one phone. I have some contacts under my gmail and some under my corporate account. Is there any way to move my corporate accounts over to my gmail account. I want to do this so when I sync my gmail I have a backup.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can anybody tell me if this can be done...I have a corporate account and my gmail account on one phone. I have some contacts under my gmail and some under my corporate account. Is there any way to move my corporate accounts over to my gmail account. I want to do this so when I sync my gmail I have a backup.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

It depends on how your corporate email is set up. Sometimes you need to discuss this with your IT department.

Let's say your corporate account is [email protected]. Now depending upon how the have their email set up is how you would transfer contacts, usually this is done by creating csv files and moving that into your gmail account. If that web address is set up with Lotus Notes, I don't know any way it can be done.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...66-droid-hints-pop3-gmail-forwarding-you.html

This is an older thread that discusses gmail, you may find some help in there.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is there any way to move my corporate accounts over to my gmail account.
Corporate could mean anything. What type of email accounts are they specifically? I mean, some corporations use Exchange, some use Lotus Notes, some use Google Apps, some use an IMAP server, some use POP, some use any of the many other options out there.

I want to do this so when I sync my gmail I have a backup.
What exactly are you trying to back up? Does your company not back up their email already?