Google Sync Question

theangryheretic

Reaction score
I'm on a Droid X running 2.2.1 un-rooted. What I want to know is this. Is there a way to not use Google to sync my contacts? I tried unchecking the box in My Accounts for contacts in the account that is configured for GMail.

I have a corporate sync account where my contacts are stored, but can not make them go away in the Google section.

any ideas and/or suggestions?

Joker

Reaction score
Not sure if I completely understand what you want as a final product. But if you want to stop seeing the corporate contacts on your phone you could do a few steps. From your contacts select menu>accounts. Select your corporate account and then unselect sync contacts.
If you want to stop sync of google contacts you would do the same as above, but select your google account and once again deselct sync contacts.

OP
T

theangryheretic

Reaction score
Actually, I want the Google contacts to stop showing up, and only see the corporate sync. I did just want you said and the Google contacts still showed up. That is when I came here. I know there are people who know a hell of a lot more about Android than I do. I must be missing a simple step somewhere.

Not sure if I completely understand what you want as a final product. But if you want to stop seeing the corporate contacts on your phone you could do a few steps. From your contacts select menu>accounts. Select your corporate account and then unselect sync contacts.
If you want to stop sync of google contacts you would do the same as above, but select your google account and once again deselct sync contacts.

Joker

Reaction score
The next step is to hit menu>display options, select your google account and uncheck "system groups: my contacts" That should at least hide the google contacts, but still viewable by rechecking it in the future.
Unless someone else has another idea....