Gmail sync out of sync?

xxnonamexx

Reaction score
My friend and I have a droid my gmail syncs beautifully to my account. However his same settings cleared cache etc. if he deletes and email on his droid it won't delete off his account (PC) when accessed. I can delete off my phone and within a minute it deletes off my email on my PC. Any ideas? Thanks

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had a similar question yesterday. I found this: Outlook 2007 - Gmail Help

The problem is - I'm not sure what advanced tab they are talking about. see where it says "Leave a copy on Message Server" -disabled. I don't see that in Gmail. I think it may be in Outlook.

Sorry if that isn't much help.

OP
X

xxnonamexx

Reaction score
Thanks but that didn't help. There has to be another reason that is causin this and how to fix.

gomets11

Reaction score
Thanks but that didn't help. There has to be another reason that is causin this and how to fix.

I'm having this same problem. I didn't have this problem until about 3 days ago. Now I read an email on my phone and it is still new in my INBOX which is driving me crazy. Anyone else have any ideas?

gomets11

Reaction score

I'm having this same problem. I didn't have this problem until about 3 days ago. Now I read an email on my phone and it is still new in my INBOX which is driving me crazy. Anyone else have any ideas?

here is how to fix the problem:
1st Turn off sync
Settings>Accounts & Sync>
select your Gmail account and uncheck all the boxes (contacts, Gmail, web albums and calendar)

2nd Clear Gmail data and cache
Setting>Applications>Manage applications

once here, press menu and select filter and set filter to all

then scroll to Gmail and Gmail storage Clear data and Clear Cache for both

Turn Sync back on

Presto! It should be working again...