Zimbra, Gmail Sync - Calendar

wheeler32

Reaction score
Good morning!

I've been at it for about two weeks now but I just cannot find a way to sync my university Zimbra account with my required Gmail account on the Droid 2 Global without issues.

I have email working just fine using the Improved Email - manages both Zimbra and Gmail accounts, switches between the two ... golden.

However, the issues I'm having are with the calendar. I've tried adding a Zimbra calendar into Gmail using a shared URL but it only updates every three days or less - also I cannot add, delete or update any events doing it this way. I've tried adding a Gmail calendar into Zimbra but I need to use the default calendar for sharing with other users around the university. I've even tried the WebDAV Calendar Sync but it is failing at sync-ing repeating events; any repeated events have zero length (i.e. 9AM to 9AM) and once the original event is outside the sync window (i.e. four weeks) the repeated events are deleted.

I'll try and update with any additional information I have in a little bit; otherwise, does anybody out there have calendar sync working between Zimbra and Gmail?

EDIT: Thinking back, this may or may not be the best forum for this topic - does this need to be moved to tech issues or another forum?

OP
wheeler32

wheeler32

Reaction score
Bump. Is Zimbra not as common as I thought or do people just use TouchDown instead of free alternatives?