Calendar frustration

MrMan

Reaction score
I read through a ton of posts, and couldn't really find a duplicate issue like the one that I am having. I have (of course) the main 'default' calendar on my moto droid which is attached to my 'personal' gmail account. I also have the pure calendar widget which is everything I want/need for a quick view of appointments etc. (also is working great with sweeter home)
Here is my issue:
I can't seem to be able to add my business gmail calendar account.
This is what I've found. When I go into my calendar settings, I can add an account, which the only drop down is the weather account.
Looking further into the matter, I went into system settings, account sync and added my business gmail account here.
Now this is the part where it gets a bit tricky.
On my 'personal' gmail account I can sync contacts, calendar & gmail.
On my 'business' gmail account, I only have the option to sync my contacts and gmail.
I don't know why the calendar feature isn't there, but it's been erking me for a little while now.
What I'm looking for is the calendar that will have both my personal and business events and appointments in one single calendar.
The perfect example I am looking for is iCal. If you are a mac user, you know that everything is right there, color coded for my viewing ease.
Could someone please help me with what I may have missed, or a new app that will allow this to happen?

thatguychuck

Reaction score
Have you tried adding the calendar to your gmail using a PC? Setting your business gmail to share the calendar with your personal one?

OP
M

MrMan

Reaction score
You know, for being that guy... you're alright with me Chuck!
I think this might do the trick. I'm going to go mess with these settings.
Thank you!

thatguychuck

Reaction score
Hope it works! If you get them shared and they show up on PC but not in the phone, remember to check settings-my calendars to pick it up.

segen77

Reaction score
I'm having basically the same issue. I'm not sure how to combine the two calendars like you're talking about. Any chance you can help me out with this? I was originally just looking for the work calendar, but I would accept both if this is the easier solution.

I've figured out how to add the personal gmail calendar to the work one (using PC) so I can add events to that calendar from my work account, but I haven't found a way to truly display both or just the work one.

nevermind. i got it.

thanks

Last edited:
OP
M

MrMan

Reaction score
It works great Chuck, and Calendar Pad really does look a lot better than the default calendar. thanks man