gmail no longer auto refresh

SR20S13

Reaction score
when i did my update my gmail no longer updates its self i have to go into gmail and refresh it wtf

mwt129

Reaction score
My Gmail isn't auto syncing either. However, I updated on Friday and I didn't lose syncing until Sunday morning.

JayMonster

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, did anybody check to see if sync is still turned on?
(Settings> Account and Sync Settings)

Did you run your phone to very low battery? (I read somewhere that this will turn off certain features to save battery life, though I can't confirm that)

I have not experienced this, and Gmail continues to sync as always.

mwt129

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, did anybody check to see if sync is still turned on?
(Settings> Account and Sync Settings)

Did you run your phone to very low battery? (I read somewhere that this will turn off certain features to save battery life, though I can't confirm that)

I have not experienced this, and Gmail continues to sync as always.

I check multiple times Sunday to make sure that Gmail sync was still turned on (it was), and I didn't get the battery down below 40%. It briefly started working again this morning, but as I right this my last Gmail sync was 11:05 AM and I have received 3 email since then - the last of which was at 2:22 PM - which have not synced to my Droid.

Glide

Reaction score
I had the same problem. My gmail would not auto sync after the OTA update. However, if I have Google Talk running in the background, everything works fine.

fumbalah

Reaction score
Have you tried removing and readding the account? That helped fix a sync issue I had a few days ago.

GeekWife

Reaction score
Have you tried removing and readding the account? That helped fix a sync issue I had a few days ago.

How does one do this? Under the account tab all I see is an option to add an account. Mine stopped syncing and even if I refresh it manually it still doesn't retrieve new emails.

PetrolHead

Reaction score
Simple fix: if you play around with closing apps, you can accidentally close the process that the phone uses for push. If you phone stops pushing, turn it off and back on again. The required app for push will start on start-up and you'll be good. That's how mine was. I then stopped playing around with closing apps, and it's been pushing ever since. I only close apps now that are main battery drains...and I make sure I only close that one app.

Reaction score
this happened to me all of a sudden today. updated last week, no issues and then all of a sudden today my gmail didn't auto sync. i went into my settings and for some reason auto sync got turned off. no idea why or how but it did. i dont use a task killer so that's not it. but anyway, definitely check your settings!

GeekWife

Reaction score
Simple fix: if you play around with closing apps, you can accidentally close the process that the phone uses for push. If you phone stops pushing, turn it off and back on again. The required app for push will start on start-up and you'll be good. That's how mine was. I then stopped playing around with closing apps, and it's been pushing ever since. I only close apps now that are main battery drains...and I make sure I only close that one app.

Yup, tried that too. Still nothing. And now I'm getting force close windows every time I open it up. :huh:

JayMonster

Reaction score
Yup, tried that too. Still nothing. And now I'm getting force close windows every time I open it up. :huh:

Well, now it sounds like the data structure is hosed. I had this happen once (and thank goodness only once). I had to go in under Settings>Applications> Manage applications

From within Manage Applications go to menu>Filter and Choose "ALL"

Go to E-mail and choose "Clear Data"

(simply removing the account and then adding it back did not work, apparently that leaves something behind, but doing this way clears EVERYTHING out)

You are starting fresh again, but at least you are starting from a completely new and uncorrupted database.

EDIT: I'm sorry, this was how I fixed the standard converged e-mail box, I have not testing this with Gmail.