GMail does not Auto-Sync

Freakroc

Reaction score
GMail does not Auto-Sync. I have to manually refresh it every time. Yahoo mail works fine. I have cleared the cache and rebooted, yet it still doesn't work.

OP
F

Freakroc

Reaction score
I went to settings>accounts> then selected my gmail account and it does not give me an option to set it to auto sync... It only gives the option to sync now.

Sniper_5

Reaction score
if all boxes are checked try this: Go to settings> applications> manage applications. Find the app and clear data and cache then reopen the app. This usually fixes sync issues.

Sent from my DROIDX

Carl Amari

Reaction score
Motorila Droid Synch fix

:greendroid:
GMail does not Auto-Sync. I have to manually refresh it every time. Yahoo mail works fine. I have cleared the cache and rebooted, yet it still doesn't work.

For those of you who synch issues and have no check boxes on Gmail Synch:
  • Slide over to a blank home screen.
  • Depress and hold finger in the middle of the screen and you will get a selection of shortcuts to add to the home screen
  • Go to Android Widgets, then scroll down and select "Power Control"
  • Once Power Control is on screen make sure to depress the 4th button (Synch Symbol). A green light at the bottom should appear. LEAVE IT ON
  • Now go to your Settings/Accounts and depress your Gmail account.
  • Make sure the boxes are checked and......
Baddabing! Hope this helps!

hockeybum27

Reaction score
Worked Like a champ!

Wow that worked like a charm! Do I have to leave the power widget on the screen or is there another way to turn it on?

Carl Amari

Reaction score
Wow that worked like a charm! Do I have to leave the power widget on the screen or is there another way to turn it on?

Nope: Just drag the puppy out. If you need to check it or reset, you will need to do in the same way.
:rofl3:

carbfrze

Reaction score
thank you thank you thank you!

:greendroid:

For those of you who synch issues and have no check boxes on Gmail Synch:
  • Slide over to a blank home screen.
  • Depress and hold finger in the middle of the screen and you will get a selection of shortcuts to add to the home screen
  • Go to Android Widgets, then scroll down and select "Power Control"
  • Once Power Control is on screen make sure to depress the 4th button (Synch Symbol). A green light at the bottom should appear. LEAVE IT ON
  • Now go to your Settings/Accounts and depress your Gmail account.
  • Make sure the boxes are checked and......
Baddabing! Hope this helps!

EXCELLENT!! This worked for me, this was the only solution I could find that worked. Thanks!!