Crap, GMail isn't syncing.

toddhoof

Reaction score
matt just sent you an email...hope it worked...

im pretty new to all this stuff but i had the same issue with gmail pushing. only way i would get email was to manually refresh. what i found is google talk had to be running for the push to be automatic. i didnt use talk so i had turned it off or an app killer was turining it off (which i dont see the need for so removed). of course when you reboot your phone google talk will start to run on start up...not sure if i could help but this is what seemd to work for me....

This advice might save the ****ing day. I had gtalk disabled by autostarts. Rebooted the phone. Can someone send me an email at matthew dot allan dot jones at gmail dot com?

OP
M

Matth3w

You seriously just made my life easier for this trip. I owe you a beer. My mom is potentially dying in the hospital and I am on the way to see her and I need my email up and running

toddhoof

Reaction score
glad it worked and sorry to hear about your mom...hope things work out for her and you!!

rjax

Reaction score
That explains it... I usually don't mess around with background processes, but the other day I killed the Google Talk process, and I'm pretty sure that's when my push problems started. Thanks!

nita

Reaction score
g mail not syncing

Mine worked for the first 2 weeks I had the phone but is not working now ( 2/17/10), the M symbol for g mail doesn't show up any more and I have to hit refresh to get the new mail.:icon_evil:

toddhoof

Reaction score
i kind of did the same thing...was looking to see what was running that i didnt use and gtalk was one of them so i killed it, then??? you know the rest...

toddhoof

Reaction score
make sure everyhting is set to syn and that google talk is running. if all is set to syn then shut off phone and restart...google voice will start with reboot....then try again

Mine worked for the first 2 weeks I had the phone but is not working now ( 2/17/10), the M symbol for g mail doesn't show up any more and I have to hit refresh to get the new mail.:icon_evil: