Gmail not syncing automatically, have to manually refresh...please help

RubberSoul

Reaction score
I cant figure out why my gmail account doesnt automatically refresh. Under settings>accounts and sync> I have background data, and auto sunc both checked, and it says my gmail account sync is on. So next I go to settings in the gmail application and go to labels. There is a Duration tab that says number of days to sync, and you can choose from 1 to 999, Im not exactly sure which one I should choose. Then under that are the different labels, inbox,starred, sent, personal, etc. I have them all on sync all. Is there anything I should try????? Should I have it on 1 or 999 days to sync? Any help would be awsome!
Thanks
Dave

sockmess

Reaction score
i have the same issue, i reset the sync and it will last an hour and then unsync. Same for facebook as well

Reaction score
:icon_eek:

Email is probably the only thing i dont like about the DROID. Luckily i dont need to use this an instant email phone. I can deal with this. Because the Droid kicks ass in every other area.:icon_ banana:

shafer5

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem. None of my emails send because of this...

northmendo

Reaction score
Ok I got mine working. Here's how.

go to
Settings->Applications->Manage Applications
Hit Menu->Filter
Click All
Scroll down to gmail.
go into gmail
clear cache and data
Back out
go into gmail storage
clear cache and data

now all should be right with the world.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
same here, what the hell man.....

:icon_eek:

Email is probably the only thing i dont like about the DROID. Luckily i dont need to use this an instant email phone. I can deal with this. Because the Droid kicks ass in every other area.:icon_ banana:

copy and paste is the devil on this phone.

+1 Complete agree here... It's kind of add that the email function/capabilities are so poor... I mean come on Google... GMail is GREAT how did they drop the ball so bad with this.

JTAC

Reaction score
I noticed this as well. There would be numerous times when people would PM me or reply to a thread on here...and I would never get the notification.

I did the instructions as stated above and within a few seconds received 3 new e-mails.

yello46

Reaction score
A solution!

Make sure that on the "Power Control" android widget (the one that let's you toggle on and off wifi, bluetooth, gps, syncing, and brightness of the screen) you have the syncing button enabled.

Yeah, I had the same problem on my Droid X but I finally figured it out, Thank God!

dancedroid